Relationship Management Tool User Guide
Welcome to the TREC Relationship Management Tool User Guide. This tool allows both salespersons and brokers to easily manage their relationships, online, without delay. This User Guide provides an in-depth understanding of how the tool works, as well as easy to understand, step by step instructions.
STEP 1 REGISTRATION
If you are a current licensee and have not already done so, you must first register with “My License Online Services”. It is recommended that you register with your personal email address.
NOTE: if you have already registered, you will need your log in information (email and password) to continue. If you can’t remember your password, you can reset it by following the link, “Reset your password here” below the password box. If you have registered and remember your password, log in and go to STEP 3.
To register, click the “You must first REGISTER HERE to get a User ID in this new system – even if you have been a licensee for years!” link at the bottom of the Login and Registration page.
You will then be asked to review your registration to ensure that the information provided is correct. If it is, click “Save,” if it isn’t, click “Edit” and you will be taken back to the previous screen to edit your information.
Once you click “Save” a temporary password will be sent to you from TREC/TALCB (Its@trec.texas.gov) via your registered User ID/email address. Please go to the inbox of that email account and retrieve your temporary password from the email.
This may take a few minutes. If you do not get the email, check your spam or junk folder, or scroll down in your inbox and check the time sequence to confirm it was not received earlier.
Once you receive your temporary password, you will need to return to the registration home page to log into the system. To log-on, type both your user name and password and click “Log On.” The first time you logon, you will use the temporary password that was sent to you in the email from TREC/TALCB. The system will then prompt you to give yourself a new password. Fill out the fields and click “Save.” You have completed registering and creating a username and password with TREC/TALCB.
KEEP YOUR USER ID AND PASSWORD! – This user ID and password are needed to log in every time you want to use our online services. DO NOT lose this information.
STEP 2 LOGGING IN
If this is your first time logging in to “Online Services” you will need to add your license to your account. The system will guide you through a three step process to help find your license information. Once you have confirmed your license information, you will access the “Quick Start Menu”. If you have already registered and added your license to your account you will access the “Quick Start Menu” automatically upon loggin in.
STEP 3 QUICK START MENU
Welcome to the TREC/TALCB Online Services Quick Start Menu! Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with its available features:
- The user profile. This will give you access to update your user ID and password. This also allows you to add an existing license to your account.
- Contact Us. This will allow you to easily send an email to us from within the system with an inquiry about your license. Please remember to include your license number when emailing the agency.
- License Information. Allows you to see what TREC/TALCB has on record for your license.
- Change your license information. This drop down menu gives you several options depending on your license. From here you can manage your relationships, including sending and receiving invitations for sponsorship.
- Start a new application will show you all of the available applications to you. These are for new licenses not your renewal.
- Incomplete Application. This will appear when you have begun an application but did not complete it.
NOTE: “It’s time to renew!” will appear on your main menu within 90 days of your license expiration date. If your license is not within this 90 day renewal period, this option will not be available to you.
STEP 4 SENDING AN INVITATION
- Select “Manage My Relationships” from the drop down options available under “Change your license information”. Depending on your license type, you can select an option for either sales or brokers.
- Click “next” to continue to the Relationship Management Tool (RMT) after reading the introductions.
- On the “Manage My Sponsorship” page you can access a list of your current or requested sponsorships and send new sponsorship requests. To request a new sponsor, click “Request Sponsor”.
- Once the text box opens, enter your search criteria. Click “Search”.
- After your search is complete select your broker or salesperson. Click the “Invite” button.
- After selecting the correct broker or salesperson, compose your invitation and click “Request”.
NOTE: The invitations will not be sent until payment is received. Payment for sending the requests can be made after clicking “request”.
STEP 5 MAKING A PAYMENT
- After clicking request, select next to make payment.
- An “Application Summary” will appear before you submit your payment. Review carefully.
- Select the “Submit” button which will take you to the make payment page. Please review the attestation and select “Yes” or “No”, then click next.
- Complete the billing information and press the submit button. Once submitted you will receive an application summary that you can print and save for your records.
STEP 6 MANAGING INVITATIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS
- After payment is made and an invitation is sent to the requested individual, they can log in and select “Manage My Relationships” to access your invitations. You can view, accept, or decline invitations in the same location. The options are available under the “Actions” column of the menu.
- If you are a broker, once a relationship with a salesperson has been established, you can use the tool to easily filter your sponosrees or search for your sponsorees by license number. Brokers can also use this tool to designate supervisory status for any of their salespeople by clicking the box next to their name in the “DesgSpvsr” column.
- Both salespersons and brokers have the option of using the tool to terminate their current relationships at any time by choosing to do so under the “Actions” column of the menu.
Thank you for using the new Relationship Management Tool on TREC’s “My License Online Services”. This tool is designed to help you manage your business in an easy way. If you have any additional questions, please contact TREC.