Skip to Content
online complaint formOn September 1, 2021, the regulation of Residential Services Companies (Home Warranty Companies) was transferred to the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR). If you wish to file a complaint against a Home Warranty Company use this link. (Please use the Service Contract Provider option when you file a complaint with TDLR)  If you have questions you may contact TDLR here.
If you wish to file a complaint against a Real Estate Sales Agent, Broker, Inspector, Education Provider, Easement Right-of-Way Agent, or Timeshare Plan, please use the complaint form linked below.

If you feel there has been a violation of The Real Estate License Act (law), or TREC rules, you have the right to file a complaint with TREC.

    To file a complaint, follow these steps:

    1. File a written complaint.  Our complaint form is available online for your convenience. If you use the form, please fill out the form completely.
    2. Include documents related to the transaction, such as any communications, contracts, reports, MLS printouts, and closing statements. Please send copies and not the original documents.
    3. Sign the complaint. TREC cannot accept an anonymous or unsigned complaint.
    4. Mail, email, fax, or drop off your complaint at TREC .

    TREC regulates these real estate professionals in Texas:

    We take your complaint seriously. Our staff will respond to your complaint in a timely manner and periodically notify you about the status of the complaint.  If you are unsure about whether your situation is within TREC’s jurisdiction, please email us at We have published an article about the complaint process, and we have created a Complaint Overview manual. We are available to answer your questions.

    TREC Standards and Enforcement Services


    Phone: 512-936-3005       Fax: 512-936-3809