How to File a Complaint
At this time, we are unable to accept complaints by fax due to technical issues we are working to resolve. Please mail or email your complaint as detailed below. We apologize for the inconvenience.
To file a complaint, follow these steps:
- File a written complaint. Our complaint form is available online for your convenience. If you use the form, please fill out the form completely.
- Include documents related to the transaction, such as any communications, contracts, reports, MLS printouts, and closing statements. Please send copies and not the original documents.
- Sign the complaint. TREC cannot accept an anonymous or unsigned complaint.
- Mail, email, fax, or drop off your complaint at TREC .
TREC regulates these real estate professionals in Texas:
- Real Estate Sales Agents and Brokers
- Real Estate Inspectors
- Easement and Right-of-Way Agents
- Real Estate Education Providers
- Residential Service Companies (home warranty companies)
- Timeshare Plans
We take your complaint seriously. Our staff will respond to your complaint in a timely manner and periodically notify you about the status of the complaint. If you are unsure about whether your situation is within TREC’s jurisdiction, please email us at email@example.com. We have published an article about the complaint process, and we have created a Complaint Overview manual. We are available to answer your questions.
TREC Standards and Enforcement Services
Phone: 512-936-3005 Fax: 512-936-3809