How to File a Complaint
If you feel there has been a violation of The Real Estate License Act (law), or TREC rules, you have the right to file a complaint with TREC.
To file a complaint, follow these steps:
- File a written complaint. Our complaint form is available online for your convenience. If you use the form, please fill out the form completely.
- Include documents related to the transaction, such as any communications, contracts, reports, MLS printouts, and closing statements. Please send copies and not the original documents.
- Sign the complaint. TREC cannot accept an anonymous or unsigned complaint.
- Mail, email, fax, or drop off your complaint at TREC .
TREC regulates these real estate professionals in Texas:
- Real Estate Sales Agents and Brokers
- Real Estate Inspectors
- Easement and Right-of-Way Agents
- Real Estate Education Providers
- Residential Service Companies (home warranty companies)
- Timeshare Plans
We take your complaint seriously. Our staff will respond to your complaint in a timely manner and periodically notify you about the status of the complaint. If you are unsure about whether your situation is within TREC’s jurisdiction, please email us at email@example.com. We have published an article about the complaint process, and we have created a Complaint Overview manual. We are available to answer your questions.
TREC Standards and Enforcement Services
Phone: 512-936-3005 Fax: 512-936-3809