Name Management Tool
TREC is pleased to announce our new Name Management Tool!
TREC has launched our new Name Management Tool to allow broker license holders to easily manage all of their business names online and remain in compliance with the updated advertising rules.
This new tool is another example of the Agency expanding our online services, and improving customer service for our license holders. The Name Management Tool updates our database immediately and our website data within 24 hours. Using the tool ensures that the agency has an accurate record of all the names, DBA's, and team names associated with each broker, making it easier for the public to find who they are looking for. The Agency is committed to providing user-friendly options like the Name Management Tool, to allow license holders to conveniently manage more of their license data without waiting on us.
We have created a quick video to show brokers how to use the tool:
Or just follow the steps below:
- Go to our website, www.trec.texas.gov. Log in; in the upper right-hand corner of the homepage.
- Click the license you want to update, and choose "Name Management Tool"
- Manage your names, and click "Confirm"
- Print your receipt and you are done!
Keep in mind, this tool is only available for business and individual broker license holders. Sales agents looking to register team names or DBA's need to do so through their broker.
Still confused about our new advertising rules? Remember we are here to help!
Get all the information you need on our website. We have a detailed article on all things advertising, as well as:
- Facebook Live Q&A on General Advertising
- Facebook Live on Team Names and article
- New FAQs on Advertising
- A slideshow with helpful hints and details on the advertising rules