Register a Timeshare Plan
The Texas Real Estate Commission regulates the sale of timeshare interests in Texas. Before you can sell or offer to sell a timeshare interest in Texas, you must register the timeshare plan. Timeshares have a unique set of laws and rules that regulate them.
What’s Needed for your Application
To register a timeshare plan for sale in Texas you must file the Application to Register a Timeshare Plan.
If the timeshare plan is registered in another jurisdiction that has similar or more stringent requirements than Texas, you can file an Application for Abbreviated Registration of a Timeshare Plan.
You may also file an Application for Presale Authorization for a Timeshare Plan to conduct presales if you pay the required fee and have filed an administratively complete Application to Register a Timeshare Plan or Application for Abbreviated Registration of a Timeshare Plan. You will also need the following:
- a separate application for each timeshare plan; and
- the appropriate filing fee (this fee can be calculated using our form).
File your Application
After you have all of the items listed above you will also need to:
- complete the required Application to Register a Timeshare Plan or the Application for Abbreviated Registration of a Timeshare Plan
- complete the Application for Presale Authorization for a Timeshare Plan if you plan to conduct presales;
- mail your completed application(s) and payment(s) to TREC.
- You can use the ARELLO Timeshare Registry, to submit your application. The hard copy of the application form and the fees should then be sent directly to TREC.
Before you submit your application, be sure you have included all the required documents and information. An application cannot be accepted for filing unless all of the requested information has been provided.
After your application and required fees are submitted and accepted by the Commission we will review the application materials and let you know in writing as soon as reasonably possible if the timeshare plan has been registered or if changes or additional information are needed.
Be sure to contact us at 512-936-3005 if you have any questions.