Become an Easement or Right-of-Way Agent
An Easement or Right-of-Way (ERW) agent is a person who negotiates easements on behalf of a company, government agency, or property owner for use in connection with telecommunication, utility, railroad, or pipeline services.
- Citizen of the United States or lawfully admitted alien
- A DACA recipient does not qualify as a lawfully admitted alien.
- 18 years of age or older
- Meet TREC’s qualifications for honesty, trustworthiness, and integrity
- Consider requesting a Fitness Determination before applying for the license
- File Your application
Apply by Mail
Submit your application and fee for the Easement or Right of Way Agent Registration for an Individual.
- Get your Fingerprints Taken and Pass Your Background Check
You are required by law to have fingerprints on file with the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) so a background check can be performed. Fingerprints on file for other agencies will not be accepted.
A registration will not issue if the background check has not been passed. Expect a delay if you are notified of an investigation into your background history.