Skip to Content

An Easement or Right-of-Way (ERW) agent is a person who negotiates easements on behalf of a company, government agency, or property owner for use in connection with telecommunication, utility, railroad, or pipeline services.


  • Citizen of the United States or lawfully admitted alien
    • A DACA recipient does not qualify as a lawfully admitted alien.
  • 18 years of age or older
  • Meet TREC’s qualifications for honesty, trustworthiness, and integrity


File Your application
Apply by Mail

Submit your application and fee for the Easement or Right of Way Agent Registration for an Individual.

Get your Fingerprints Taken and Pass Your Background Check

You are required by law to have fingerprints on file with the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) so a background check can be performed. Fingerprints on file for other agencies will not be accepted.

A registration will not issue if the background check has not been passed. Expect a delay if you are notified of an investigation into your background history.