Skip to Content

The Real Estate License Act requires a business entity (corporation, LLC or partnership) to be registered as an easement or right-of-way business if the business entity provides easement or right-of-way services.

A business entity is required to designate one of its managing officers as its agent for a registration to be issued. A corporation must designate one of its managing officers, an LLC must designate a manager, and a partnership must designate a general partner. The designated agent must be individually registered as an ERW agent.


  • Designate a managing officer who is individually registered as an active ERW agent to act on behalf of the business entity
  • The designated agent must have fingerprints on file with the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) so a background check can be performed. Fingerprints on file for other agencies will not be accepted.


File your Application
Apply Online

Submit your application and fee to become an Easement or Right-of-Way Agent Registration for a Business using our Online Services. If you don’t already have a username and password for our Online Services, register now.

Apply by Mail

If you prefer, you can also apply for your Easement or Right-of-Way Agent Registration for a Business using our paper application.

Submit Required Documents

Submit a Franchise Tax Account Status page from the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts issued within 21 days prior to the date of the application as evidence of qualification to transact business in Texas to TREC.