Skip to Content

Information About Brokerage Services (IABS)

Texas law requires all brokers and sales agents to provide written notice regarding information about brokerage services at the first substantive communication with prospective buyers, tenants, sellers, and landlord concerning specific real property.  The Information About Brokerage Services form (or the IABS), is the required method to provide that information to those parties. TREC is ramping up enforcement of this rule.

Make sure you are in compliance by following these simple rules:

Post a link to a completely filled out TREC IABS form labeled “Texas Real Estate Commission Information About Brokerage Service,” on your business website homepage, in a readily noticeable place in at least 10 point font.

Post a link to the Consumer Protection Notice labeled “Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice” on your business website homepage in a readily noticeable place in at least 10 point font.

Acceptable alternate ways to post your IABS and Consumer Notice:

Post an image of the completed IABS form, or the Consumer Protection Notice and label the image “Texas Real Estate Commission Information About Brokerage Services” or “Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice.”

  • You can save a PDF as a .jpg and post it as an image on Facebook, Twitter and Traditional Websites.
  • On Facebook, make the image a “Favorite” image so the completed form stays at the top of your images.

Remember: The TREC IABS form must also be provided to consumers at the time of your first substantive communication by personal delivery, mail or email.

What does "completed" IABS mean?

A completed IABS means all applicable fields are filled out. If some contact information does not apply, simply fill in “N/A.” PLEASE NOTE:  If you simply link to a blank IABS form, you are not in compliance with the IABS requirements and could be subject to disciplinary action.

What is a "business" website?

A business website is a website used to attract or conduct real estate brokerage activity and includes a business Facebook page. For example, a website listed on a business card, yard sign or advertisements is a business website. If you have more than one business website then a link to the IABS must be provided on the homepage of each business website.

Consumer Protection Notice

License holders must also provide a link to the TREC Consumer Protection Notice on the homepage of their business websites (see the definition of the business website above).  The Consumer Protection Notice provides information about filing a complaint with TREC, and information regarding the Real Estate Trust Account.

Helpful Information to keep you in compliance

We recently posted FAQ's and answered license holders questions about the IABS and Consumer Protection Notice on social media. Make sure you search for #IABSFAQ to see the whole discussion! 

We have developed the following flyers to help answer common questions you may have about posting and delivering requirements of these documents:

Facts about the IABS and Consumer Protection Notice

We have also created some videos to further explain these requirements and how to ensure you are in compliance with the requirements:

IABS Delivery

Posting the IABS on Business Websites

IABS Website Posting

IABS Email Delivery