Skip to Content
  • Confused About Unescorted Access Rules? Get Answers!

    TREC wants to clear up any confusion about the recently adopted amendments regarding unescorted access to vacant rental property in TREC Rule 535.4.

  • What documents are required to renew my Business Entity Broker license?

    Information you need to know to renew your Business Entity Broker license.

  • Use of Unlicensed Assistants in Real Estate Transactions

    Brokers and sales agents often use unlicensed personnel for assistance in conducting their real estate brokerage activities. Such unlicensed persons, sometimes referred to as administrative assistants, can be of great help to a busy agent. However, care must be taken to ensure that the unlicensed person does not conduct any of the activities for which a real estate license is required.

  • What Should I Tell My Client When Employing an Inspector?

    Most residential home sales involve an inspector at some point in the process. What should a real estate agent tell their client when the client desires to employ an inspector? Here are four tips.

    Have your client there for the inspection.

    The purchase of a home is a significant investment and being part of the process provides a client a better understanding of the home and any possible issues they may need to be addressed in the purchase process.

  • Buying and Selling a Home In Texas

    Buying a home is often the single biggest investment a person can make. Selling a home can be an overwhelming and confusing transaction.  Because of the size and complexity of buying or selling a home, most buyers and sellers hire a professional advisor to help them with the process. The Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) is responsible for licensing real estate service providers in Texas to ensure they are qualified to advise consumers about these transactions.

  • What is the Real Estate Recovery Trust Account or Inspection Recovery Fund?

    law books, gavel and house

    TREC has two recovery funds available to reimburse consumers who suffer damages caused by TREC license holders:  The Real Estate Recovery Trust Account and The Real Estate Inspection Recovery Fund. Consumers may apply for reimbursement from the Real Estate Recovery Trust Account after filing suit and obtaining a court judgment for damages against a licensed real estate broker, sales agent, or easement/right-of-way agent.

  • Using an App to Hire a Temporary "Showing" Agent? Beware!

    man looking at chalkboard

    If you don’t know what you are doing, you could be violating TREC’s rules.

  • TREC received 2016 Education Award from ARELLO


    The course is recognized for the second time since 2012.