Skip to Content

The Commission does not have jurisdiction over title companies. While a license holder is encouraged to assist the parties in the exchange of the necessary earnest money release and need to sign the release as appropriate, there is nothing in TRELA or the Rules to determine who is entitled to the earnest money. You will need to consult a private attorney.