Skip to Content

While the sale of a manufactured home (no real estate) requires a separate license from the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA), under a TDHCA exemption a TREC license holder can sell one manufactured home during a 12-month period without a TDHCA license (see Tex. Occ. Code 1201.003(24)).  In addition, once an owner of a manufactured home has completed the detailed TDHCA process to treat the manufactured home as real property, the TDHCA licensing requirement does not apply to a TREC license holder.