Skip to Content
TREC Enforcement

Use of Unlicensed Assistants in Real Estate Transactions

Brokers and sales agents often use unlicensed personnel for assistance in conducting their real estate brokerage activities. Such unlicensed persons, sometimes referred to as administrative assistants, can be of great help to a busy agent. However, care must be taken to ensure that the unlicensed person does not conduct any of the activities for which a real estate license is required. This article defines some of those activities which may and may not be legally conducted by unlicensed persons.

What Should I Tell My Client When Employing an Inspector?

Most residential home sales involve an inspector at some point in the process. What should a real estate agent tell their client when the client desires to employ an inspector? Here are four tips.

Have your client there for the inspection.

The purchase of a home is a significant investment and being part of the process provides a client a better understanding of the home and any possible issues they may need to be addressed in the purchase process.

Fingerprint Requirements

Any person applying for or renewing a license with TREC must provide fingerprints for a criminal history check. The fingerprint process is easy and can be done in a few short steps. Once fingerprints are on file for TREC, a license holder will not need to submit fingerprints again for any future renewals.