Skip to Content

License Holder Search

Meeting Details

10/03/2022 at 10:00 am
Stephen F. Austin Building, Room 400a
1700 North Congress
Austin, TX 78701

Meeting Materials

Meeting Video

TREC Education Standards Advisory Committee

The meeting agenda and any meeting materials can be found under 'Meeting Materials' on the right side of this page. These minutes set out the agenda item, the subject matter discussed, and any action taken on each item. To hear the full discussion on any agenda item, click on the link, and you will be taken directly to that section of the meeting video on the right side of the screen.

Note: While the written portion of the minutes below are published in agenda order, the items may have been presented in a different order.

Agenda Item 1 Call to order and roll call
ACTION: The meeting was called to order at 10:00 a.m.
Members present: Rick Albers, Candy Cooke, Mike Crowley, Julie Jackson, Chuck Jacobus, Marion Napoleon, Ruben Peña, Charles Porter, Bill Steddum, Byron Underwood, and Kelea Youngblood
Kassie Locke joined the meeting immediately after the roll call
Commission liaisons present: DeLora Wilkinson, Barbara Russell

Agenda Item 2 Welcome and remarks from Chair

Agenda Item 3 Housekeeping

Agenda Item 4 Discussion and possible action to amend the July 7, 2022, meeting minutes

Agenda Item 5 Public or written comments received on non-agenda items
The committee decided by concensus to take no action on the petition for rule making comment.

Agenda Item 6 Staff report on education enforcement matters
Mike Molloy, Director of Enforcement, presented the report

Agenda Item 7 Discussion and possible action regarding changes to the qualifying course outline for Property Management
ACTION: The Committee decided by concensus to rename the course, Residential Property Management, and directed staff to come back with a outline draft at the January meeting that includes the changes discussed.

Agenda Item 8 Discussion and possible action regarding making the 30 hour real estate brokerage course a mandatory course as part of SAE hours
ACTION: Bill Steddum, seconded by Candy Cooke, moved to direct staff to bring draft rule language to the January meeting for review. The motion was adopted by unanimous vote.

Agenda Item 9 Discussion and possible action regarding pass rate data as it relates to course completion dates
ACTION: The Committee decided by consensus to direct staff to bring back four years of data to the next meeting.  Director Wheeler to collaborate with Mike Crowley on statistical data.

Agenda Item 10 Update regarding provider pass rates data
General Counsel Burgess informed the committee that staff is looking into the calculations internally and may make a change in the future as to how the data is displayed.

Agenda Item 11 Discussion regarding agenda items for next meeting
ACTION: The committee requested the following items be added to the next meeting agenda:
- Property Management outline draft;
- Exam statistics with updated data (2 years, 4 years, and 6 years); and
- SAE draft rule language

Agenda Item 12 Discussion and possible action regarding future meeting dates
Date for next meetings:            Alternative dates:
Tuesday,  January 3, 2023        Wednesday, January 4, 2023, Thursday, January 5, 2023
ACTION: The next meeting is scheduled for Monday, January 9, 2023, at 10:00 a.m.

Agenda Item 13 Adjourn
ACTION: The meeting adjourned at 11:14 a.m.