Skip to Content

License Holder Search

Meeting Details

04/04/2022 at 10:00 am
Stephen F. Austin Building, Room 400a
1700 North Congress
Austin, TX 78701

Meeting Materials

Meeting Video

TREC Education Standards Advisory Committee


The meeting agenda and any meeting materials can be found under 'Meeting Materials' on the right side of this page. These minutes set out the agenda item, the subject matter discussed, and any action taken on each item. To hear the full discussion on any agenda item, click on the link, and you will be taken directly to that section of the meeting video on the right side of the screen.

Note: While the written portion of the minutes below are published in agenda order, the items may have been presented in a different order.

Agenda Item 1 Call to order and roll call
ACTION: The meeting was called to order at 10:01 a.m.
Members present: Rick Albers, Candy Cooke, Mike Crowley, Julie Jackson, Chuck Jacobus, Kassie Locke, Marion Napoleon, Ruben Peña, Charles Porter, Bill Steddum, Byron Underwood, and Kelea Youngblood
Commission liaison present: DeLora Wilkinson
Other Commissioner(s) present: Barbara Russell

Agenda Item 2 Welcome and remarks from Chair

Agenda Item 3 Discussion and possible action to amend the January 3, 2022, meeting minutes

Agenda Item 4 Public or written comments received on non-agenda items
Comment: Monte Wall

Agenda Item 5 Staff report on education enforcement matters report
Pim Mayo, Staff Attorney, presented the report

Agenda Item 6 Discussion and possible action regarding Broker Responsibility Working Group’s recommendation to review qualifying course outline for Property Management
ACTION: The committee decided by consensus to have General Counsel Burgess send link(s) to ESAC members from the Broker Responsibility Working Group meeting comments/discussions concerning property management and asked staff to bring statistical information concerning property management complaints and if those license holders who had received complaints had taken the current property management course to the next ESAC meeting.

Agenda Item 7 Discussion and possible action regarding qualifying course outlines and the addition of content related to the broker-agent relationship
ACTION:   Chair Porter provided an update from the working group that recommended no new course be created but rather modification of existing course(s). The committee decided by consensus to strike certain topics from various sections in the Real Estate Brokerage Course outline and to add content related to the broker-agent relationship.  Staff to bring the revised outline to the next ESAC meeting for the committee to review the changes.
The committee took a break at 11:31 a.m.
The meeting resumed at 11:40 a.m.

Agenda Item 8 Discussion regarding agenda items for next meeting
ACTION: The committee requested the following items be added to the next meeting agenda:
Real Estate Brokerage Course outline revision
course completion certificate expiration; and
Property management complaint and statistical/trend information from Enforcement.

Agenda Item 9 Discussion and possible action regarding future meeting dates
Current dates for next meetings:    Alternative dates:
Thursday, July 7, 2022                  Tuesday, July 5, 2022 or Wednesday, July 6, 2022
Monday, October 3, 2022              Tuesday, October 4, 2022 or Wednesday, October 5, 2022
ACTION: The next meeting is scheduled for July 7, 2022.

Agenda Item 10 Adjourn Meeting
ACTION: The meeting was adjourned at 12:09 p.m.