Skip to Content

License Holder Search

Meeting Details

04/05/2021 at 10:00 am
VIA Teleconference
By Teleconference

Meeting Materials

Meeting Video


For meetings held by teleconference, participants are located in different locations linked by teleconference devices. The meetings can be recorded and videotaped if needed.

TREC Education Standards Advisory Committee

The meeting agenda and any meeting materials can be found under 'Meeting Materials' on the right side of this page. These minutes set out the agenda item, the subject matter discussed, and any action taken on each item. To hear the full discussion on any agenda item, click on the link, and you will be taken directly to that section of the meeting video on the right side of the screen.

Note: While the written portion of the minutes below are published in agenda order, the items may have been presented in a different order.

Note: There was a delay in recording at the beginning of the meeting.

Agenda Item 1 Call to order and roll call
ACTION: The meeting was called to order at 10:01 a.m.
Members present: Kelea Youngblood, Charles Porter, Candy Cooke, Rick Albers, Rob Cook, Mike Crowley, Marion Napoleon, Sarah Norman, Bill Steddum, and Kellie Stokes
Lynda Conway and Chuck Jacobus joined the meeting shortly after it began.
Commission liaison present: DeLora Wilkinson

Agenda Item 2 Welcome and remarks from Chair

Agenda Item 3 Housekeeping
Note: Lynda Conway joined the meeting.

Agenda Item 4 Discussion and possible action to amend the January 11, 2021, meeting minutes
No amendments were requested.

Agenda Item 5 Public or written comments received on non-agenda items
No comments were received.

Agenda Item 6 Update from Broker Responsibility Working Group
Note: Chuck Jacobus joined the meeting.
Update given by Broker Responsibility Working Group (BRWG) Chair, Leslie Lerner.  ESAC members will receive a survey to return back to General Counsel.  Results of survey to be presented at the BRWG meeting on April 14, 2021, and the next ESAC meeting on July 7, 2021.

Agenda Item 7 Staff report on education enforcement matters

Agenda Item 8 Discussion and possible action regarding Legal I and II hot topics
Overview of outline provided by Charles Porter.  ESAC members to send any suggested "Hot Topics" for Legal I and II to General Counsel who will pass them on to the writing group.

Agenda Item 9 Discussion and possible action regarding professional designations
ACTION: The committee decided by consensus to appoint a working group consisting of Candy Cooke, Chair, Lynda Conway, Marion Napoleon, and Kellie Stokes.  The working group will meet between now and the next ESAC meeting and will report back at the July 7, 2021, ESAC meeting.

Agenda Item 10 Discussion and possible action regarding QE exam proctoring and public comment received regarding 22 TAC §535.65, Responsibilities and Operations of Providers of Qualifying Courses
Comment: Rebecca Piltingsrud on behalf of the CE Shop
ACTION: Rick Albers, seconded by Candy Cooke, moved that the committee decline to take action on agenda item 10. The motion passed with Mike Crowley voting nay.

Agenda Item 11 Discussion regarding agenda items for next meeting
ACTION: The committee asked for the following items to be added:
Update from Professional Designations Working Group;
Update from the writing group;
Update from BRWG; and
Results of BRWG/ESAC survey.

Agenda Item 12 Discussion and possible action regarding future meeting dates
Current dates for next meetings:
Wednesday, July 7, 2021; and
Monday, October 4, 2021
Alternative dates:
Monday, July 5, 2021, or Tuesday, July 6, 2021; and
Tuesday, October 5, 2021, or Wednesday, October 6, 2021
ACTION: The next meetings are scheduled for Wednesday, July 7, 2021, at 10:00 a.m., and Monday October 4, 2021, at 10:00 a.m.

Agenda Item 13 Adjourn
ACTION: The meeting was adjourned 11:20 a.m.