Skip to Content

License Holder Search

Meeting Details

10/05/2020 at 10:00 am
VIA Teleconference
By Teleconference

Meeting Materials

Meeting Video


For meetings held by teleconference, participants are located in different locations linked by teleconference devices. The meetings can be recorded and videotaped if needed.

TREC Education Standards Advisory Committee

The meeting agenda and any meeting materials can be found under 'Meeting Materials' on the right side of this page. These minutes set out the agenda item, the subject matter discussed, and any action taken on each item. To hear the full discussion on any agenda item, click on the link, and you will be taken directly to that section of the meeting video on the right side of the screen.

Note: While the written portion of the minutes below are published in agenda order, the items may have been presented in a different order.

Agenda Item 1 Call to order and roll call
ACTION: The meeting was called to order at 10:00 a.m.
Members present: Kelea Youngblood, Marion Napoleon, Rick Albers, Rob Cook, Candy Cooke, Scott Hilton, Ruben Peña, Charles Porter, Lori Solecki

Kellie Stokes, Mary Lou Henry, and Sarah Norman joined the meeting shortly thereafter.

Commission liaison present: DeLora Wilkinson

Agenda Item 2 Welcome and housekeeping

Agenda Item 3 Discussion and possible action to amend the July 13, 2020, meeting minutes
Scott Hilton reminded staff to add a recurring item to the next agenda regarding topics for the newsletter

Agenda Item 4 Public comment on non-agenda items
No comments were received.

Agenda Item 5 Staff report on education enforcement matters

Agenda Item 6 Update from the Continuing Education (CE) Course Topics working group

Agenda Item 7 Discussion and possible action regarding Continuing Education (CE) course topics
No action was taken.

Agenda Item 8 Discussion regarding establishing training related to racism and other discrimination
ACTION: The committee decided by consensus to send this to the Legal Update and Broker Responsibility writing groups to include going forward and to forward the writing groups the letter submitted by Ms. Broussard. Chair Youngblood to draft letter to Ms. Broussard to inform her of the steps being taken.

Agenda Item 9 Discussion and possible action regarding time and agenda items for next meeting
ACTION: Scott Hilton requested an update on Agenda Item 8 at next meeting and to add the recurring newsletter topics item on the next agenda. Chair Youngblood asked to add the election of officers, course topics, and stated the designation working group would start up again after the rule change in February 2021.
The next meeting is scheduled for Monday, January 11, 2021, at 10:00 a.m.

Agenda Item 10 Adjourn
ACTION: The meeting was adjourned at 11:08 a.m.