Skip to Content

License Holder Search

Meeting Details

04/09/2018 at 10:00 am
Stephen F. Austin Building, Room 400A
1700 North Congress
Austin, TX 78701

Meeting Materials

Meeting Video

TREC Inspector Committee


The meeting agenda and any meeting materials can be found under 'Meeting Materials' on the right side of this page. These minutes set out the agenda item, the subject matter discussed, and any action taken on each item. To hear the full discussion on any agenda item, click on the link, and you will be taken directly to that section of the meeting video on the right side of the screen.

Note: While the written portion of the minutes below are published in agenda order, the items may have been presented in a different order.

Agenda Item 1. Call to order & roll call.

The Chair called the meeting to order at 10:15 AM.

Committee members attending  in person:

Dianna Rose, Lee Warren, Brad Phillips, Steven Rinehart, Shawn Emerick, Doyle Williamson

Committee Members attending via telephone:

Barbara Evans

Commissioners attending via telephone:

Adrian Arriaga

TREC Staff attending:

Douglas Oldmixon (Executive Director), Kristin Worman (Deputy General Counsel), Denise  Sample (Licensing Manager), Michael Molloy (Staff Attorney), Tony Slagle (Government Affairs), Mark Moore (Director, TREC SES)

Agenda Item 2. Ratification of the minutes of the February 26, 2018 meeting.

COMMITTEE ACTION:

A motion was made by Lee Warren, seconded by Steven Rinehart, to ratify the minutes as approved.

The motion passed unanimously.

Agenda 3. General comments from visitors on non-agenda items.

No Comments were given.

Agenda Item 4. Reports from Subcommittees.

Doyle Williamson gave a Standards and Practice Subcommittee report.

No Enforcement Subcommittee was given.

No Education Subcommittee was given.

Agenda Item 5. Staff Reports:

Doug Oldmixon gave the Administration & Management Services (AMS) report.

Michael Molloy gave the Standards & Enforcement Services (SES) report.

Comments were made by Mike Cothran, representing TPREIA.

Denise Sample gave the Education & Licensing Services (ELS) report.

Agenda Item 6. Discussion regarding the Inspector Working Group recommendations for a legislative fix for all inspector consumer recovery issues.

Comments were made by:

Mike Cothram, representing TPREIA.

Jim Southerland, representing himself

Phil Cordes, representing himself.

Jim Hime, representing NACHI.

Jim Adams, representing TAREI.

Lewis Hart, representing himself.

COMMITTEE ACTION:

No Committee actions was taken.

Agenda Item 7. Discussion and possible action regarding amendments to 22 TAC 535.201, Definitions.

COMMITTEE ACTION:

No Committee actions was taken.

Agenda Item 8. Request for future meeting agenda items.

Request was made to have the Education Subcommittee meet prior to the next meeting of the full Commitee to bring some possible education-related items to the Committee for its consideration.

Request was made to review 22 TAC 535, Subchapter R (Inspector Rules) prior to those Rules being opened for Rule Review.

The Working Group recommendations will be brought forward for a vote at the next meeting.

Comments were made by:

Jim Hime, representing NACHI.

Mike Cothram, representing TPREIA.

Jim Hime, representing NACHI.

Jim Adams, representing TAREI.

Agenda Item 9. Discussion of future meeting dates.

The next meeting was scheduled for Monday, July 16 at 10AM.

Agenda Item 10. Adjourn.

The meeting was adjourned at 11:45 AM.