Skip to Content

License Holder Search

Meeting Details

04/03/2017 at 10:00 am
Stephen F. Austin Building, Room 400A
1700 North Congress
Austin, TX 78701

Meeting Materials

Meeting Video

TREC Inspector Committee


These minutes set out the agenda item, the subject matter discussed, and any action taken on each item. To hear the full discussion on any agenda item, click on the link, and you will be taken directly to that section of the meeting video on the right side of the screen.

Note: While the written portion of the minutes below are published in agenda order, the Board may have taken items out of order.

Agenda Item 1 - Call to order & roll call.

The Chair called the meeting to order at 10:02 am. 

Committee members attending:

Dianna Rose, Lee Warren, Brad Phillips, Barbara Evans, Matt Hart

Bill Jones (Commissioner).

TREC Staff attending :

Kristin Worman (Deputy General Counsel), Gwen Jackson (Director, Licenseing and Education), Michael Molloy (Staff Attorney), Jennifer Wheeler (Education Manager),Tony Slagle (Government Affairs), Mark Moore (Director, TREC SES), Sample (Licensing Manager), Jennifer Wheeler (Education Manager)

Agenda Item 2 - Ratification of the minutes of the April 3, 2017 meeting.

COMMITTEE ACTION: Barbar Evans made a motion, seconded by Matt Hart to ratify the video minutes of the February 3, 2017 meeting.  The motion was approved unanimously.

Agenda Item 3 - General comments from visitors on non-agenda items.

Comments were made by Paul Hudson, representing Amerispec.

Agenda Item 4 - Reports from Subcommittees.

No reports were given, but Tony Slagle provided an update on the 4-hour Inspector Legal and Ethics Course.

Agenda Item 5 - Staff reports from Administration & Management Services (including legislative update), Standards and Enforcement Services, and Education & Licensing Services.

Tony Slagle gave the report for Administration and Management Services.

Michael Molloy gave the report for Standards and Enforcement Services.

Gwen Jackson gave the report for Education and Licensing Services.

Agenda Item 6 - Discussion and possible action regarding comments pertaining to amendments:

a. 22 TAC §535.218, Continuing Education Required for Renewal;

b. 22 TAC §535.63, Approval of Instructors of Qualifying Courses;

c. 22 TAC §535.72, Approval of Non-elective Continuing Education Courses;

d. 22 TAC $535.74, Approval of Continuing Education Instructors;

e. 22 TAC §535.201, Definitions; and

f. 22 TAC §535.212, Education and Experience Requirements for a License

No comments were received on these rules as propossed.

COMMITTEE ACTION: Lee Warren made a motion, seconded by Mr. Hart, to recommend that the Commission adopt the rules as proposed.

The Committee approved the motion unanimously.

Agenda Item 7 - Discussion and possible action regarding comments pertaining to amendments to 22 TAC §535.227

COMMITTEE ACTION: Mr. Warren made a motion, seconded by Mr. Hart, to recommend that the Commission adopt the rules as proposed.

The Committee approved the motion unanimously.

Agenda Item 8 - Discussion and possible action regarding exempt CE providers, including clarifying the process for awarding CE credit from those providers

COMMITTEE ACTION: Brad Phillips made a motion to modify the current rule to accept ICC approved providers as exempt providers. The motion died for lack of a second.

This item was referred to the Education Subcommittee for further discussion and possible recomendation to the full committee.

Agenda Item 9 - Discussion and possible action regarding clarifying and simplifying the preamble language of the inspection report form.

COMMITTEE ACTION: This item was referred to the SOP Subcommittee.

Agenda Item 10 - Discussion regarding rule review of 22 TAC 535, Subchapter R.

COMMITTEE ACTION: The Committee will look at this as part of the quadrennial rule review.

Agenda Item 11 -  Request for future meeting agenda items.

Review and clarify whether a real esatte inspector can supervise an apprentice.

Evalution of ride-along rule for both students and instructors.

Review and clarify awarding CE credit for exempt providers.

Commrnts were made by Roy Carter, representing Chapions School of Real Estate.

Comments were made by Paul Hudson, representing Amerispec.

Agenda Item 12 - Discussion of future meeting dates.

The next meeting of the full Insector Committee is scheduled for July 17, 2017 at 10am.

Agenda Item 13 - Adjourn

The chair adjourned the meeting at 11:44 AM.