TREC Inspector Committee
These minutes set out the agenda item, the subject matter discussed, and any action taken on each item. To hear the full discussion on any agenda item, click on the link, and you will be taken directly to that section of the meeting video on the right side of the screen.
Note: While the written portion of the minutes below are published in agenda order, the commission may have taken items out of order.
Agenda Item 1 Call to order.
Members of the Committee present:
Steve Rinehart (chair), Barbara Evans, Matt Hart, Brad Phillips, Dianna Burley Rose, Lee Warren, Doyle Williamson, and Bryan Woods. Greg Eakin attended via telephone.
TREC Staff Present:
Doug Oldmixon (Administrator), Kristen Worman (Deputy General Counsel), Tony Slagle (Government Affairs), Mark Moore (Director SES), Michael Molloy (SES attorney), and Gwen Jackson (Director ELS).
Agenda Item 2 Ratification of the minutes of the January 23, 2015 and February 27, 2015 meetings.
COMMITTEE ACTION: Lee Warren made a motion, seconded by Barbara Evans, to ratify the minutes of the January 23, 2015 meeting. The Committee unanimously approved the motion.
Brad Phillips made a motion, seconded by Lee Warren, to ratify the minutes of the February 27, 2015 meeting. The Committee unanimously approved the motion.
Agenda Item 3 General comments from visitors on non-agenda items.
No comments given.
Agenda Item 4 Reports from Subcommittees.
Reports were given by the following Subcommittee Chairs:
Agenda Item 5 Staff reports from Administration & Management Services, Standards & Enforcement Services and Education & Licensing Services
Reports were given by:
Agenda Item 6 Discussion and possible action regarding comments received on the proposed amendments to §535.223 concerning the Standard Inspection Report Form to provide notice relating to Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing "CSST".
Comments were provided by:
COMMITTEE ACTION: Mr. Phillips made a motion, seconded by Lee Warren, to move forward with the changes to the preamble of the inspector report form previously voted on by the Committee at its last meeting. The Motion was adopted by a vote of 7 to 2, with Bryan Woods and Matt Hart voting no.
Agenda Item 7 Discussion and possible action regarding amending the OP-I (Texas Real Estate Consumer Notice Concerning Hazards or Deficiencies).
Mr. Warren made a motion, seconded by Mr. Phillips, to make the OPI-I mirror the changes proposed for the inspector report form (concerning gas supply systems and CSST). The Motion was adopted by a vote of 7 to 2, with Bryan Woods and Matt Hart voting no.
Mr. Phillips made a motion, seconded by Mr. Warren and Greg Eakin, to recommend that the Commission ask the Broker Lawyer Committee examine the possibility of mandating the OP-I form for all real estate transactions. The Motion was adopted by a vote of 7 to 2, with Bryan Woods and Matt Hart voting no.
Agenda Item 8 Request for future meeting agenda items.
No future items were discussed.
Agenda Item 9 Discussion of future meeting dates.
The next meeting of the full inspector committee was scheduled for Monday, June 22 at 11:00 am. An SOP Subcommittee was scheduled for 9:00 am on that same date.
Agenda Item 10 Adjourn.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:41.