Skip to Content

Written and signed complaints are accepted against the following types of businesses: real estate brokers and sales agents, real estate inspectors, TREC-approved education providers for real estate and inspection courses, residential service companies, timeshare developers, easement and right-of-way agents, and unlicensed persons engaging in any of these activities. TREC does not regulate and accept complaints against: Real Estate Developers (not regulated), Home Builders (not regulated), Appraisers (see the Texas Appraiser Licensing & Certification Board at, Mortgage Brokers and Loan Officers (see the Texas Dept. of Savings & Mortgage Lending at, Property Tax Consultants (see the Property Tax Consultant Board of the Texas Dept. of Licensing and Regulation at, Title Insurance Companies (see the Texas Dept. of Insurance at, Auctioneers (see the Texas Dept. of Licensing and Regulation at, Manufactured Housing (see the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs at, Plumbers (see the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners at, or Wood Destroying Insect Inspectors (see the Texas Department of Agriculture at