Systems Support Specialist IV (2203-21-ITD)
Job Vacancy Announcement
The Texas Real Estate Commission seeks an experienced Systems Support Specialist for our IT helpdesk team in support of agency staff. Work involves coordinating and/or providing the first-line assistance for operational problems of agency information technology systems and operating automated office equipment in a stand-alone or network environment. Works under minimal supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. May train others. Reports to IT Operations Lead.
Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent
Minimum two years’ experience in computer systems support work. Experience and education may be substituted for one another on a year-for year basis.
• Knowledge of the practices, principles, and techniques of computer operations; information systems; computer software and hardware; information security policies and procedures; local and wide area networks; and the management of information systems.
• Skill in the use and support of computers, the use of applicable programs and systems, and troubleshooting information systems.
• Ability to operate information technology systems, to troubleshoot and repair equipment, to communicate effectively.
• Effective verbal and written skills.
• Strong analytical and project management skills.
• Excellent problem-solving in relationship management skills with a proactive and open approach to conflict resolution.
• Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence and build effective and strategic relationships among diverse groups of people at all levels within the organization.
• Ability to facilitate change in effectively lead in an environment of change.
• Ability to establish program goals and objectives and to devise effective solutions to problems.
• Ability to work individually and in a team setting. Must also be able to effectively prioritize requests based on criticality of requests.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar.
• Certifications in computer network design, security, support.
• Provides desktop support, Wireless / mobile device support, Email, Instant Messaging, Network and Printer support.
• Managing work within a helpdesk ticketing system
• Maintaining documentation of technical and operational processes.
• Facilitates requests for hardware, software, and services.
• Manage user account and network access.
• Tracks usage and ownership of IT assets in the following areas: Desktop computer hardware and Wireless telephones and mobile devices.
• Serves as a primary onsite support resource for all end user desktop/laptop issues.
• Coordinates and oversees the set-up of equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, and appropriate software and desk phones.
• Maintains home office that is noise and distraction free.
• Ability to work in a hybrid/on-site, virtual self-management/self-motivated environment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Environmental & Physical Conditions: Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
To apply for this position, complete an on-line application either through the TREC CAPPS External Applicant Career Section at CAPPS Careers or through Work In Texas (WIT) at http://www.twc.state.tx.us
For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TREC Human Resources by calling 512-936-3604. Applications must be received by the closing date in order to be considered for this posting. TREC does not accept paper applications.
Submit a DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: email@example.com or 512-936-3547 (fax).
Applications will not be considered until all required documentation is received by TREC/TALCB.
Military Crosswalk Information: http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_ProgramManagement.pdf
Human Resources at 512-936-3586