Systems Analyst IV (2210-03-ITD)
Job Vacancy Announcement
The Texas Real Estate Commission seeks an experienced Systems Analyst capable of leading our IT helpdesk team in support of agency staff. This role performs highly complex systems analysis support work providing customer service to agency IT customers. The role is also responsible for the delivery of all desktop/end user support in the agency’s Information Technology Services Team. Will train others. Works under limited direction with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to IT Operations Lead.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with coursework in computer science, computer information systems, management information systems, or a related field is generally preferred. Education and experience may be substituted for one another.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate at least five (5) years' experience in the following:
- Providing desktop support, Wireless / mobile device support, Email, Instant Messaging, Network and Printer support.
- Manages triage and distribution of helpdesk tickets and promotes the adherence to service levels.
- Maintaining documentation of technical and operational processes.
- Facilitates requests for hardware, software, and services.
- Manage user account and network access.
- Tracks usage and ownership of IT assets in the following areas: Desktop computer hardware and Wireless telephones and mobile devices.
- Serves as a primary onsite support resource for all end user desktop/laptop issues.
- Coordinates and oversees the set-up of equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, and appropriate software and desk phones.
- Maintains home office that is noise and distraction free.
- Ability to work in a virtual self-management/self-motivated environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent leadership, management and strategic planning skills;
- Effective verbal and written to indication, organizational, and team building skills;
- Strong analytical and project management skills;
- Excellent problem-solving in relationship management skills with a proactive and open approach to conflict resolution;
- Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence and build effective and strategic relationships among diverse groups of people at all levels within the organization;
- Ability to facilitate change in effectively lead in an environment of change;
- Ability to establish program goals and objectives and to devise effective solutions to problems.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or similar
- Certifications in computer network design, security, support
Resume and cover letter detailing how your experience fits the duties of this position
Environmental & Physical Conditions: Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
To apply for this position, complete an on-line application either through the TREC CAPPS External Applicant Career Section at CAPPS Careers or through Work In Texas (WIT) at http://www.twc.state.tx.us
For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TREC Human Resources by calling 512-936-3604. Applications must be received by the closing date in order to be considered for this posting. TREC does not accept paper applications.
Submit a cover letter, DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: email@example.com or 512-936-3547 (fax).
Applications will not be considered until all required documentation is received by TREC/TALCB.
Military Crosswalk Information: http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_ProgramManagement.pdf
Human Resources at 512-936-3586