Systems Analyst (2009-05-ITS)
Job Vacancy Announcement
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with coursework in computer science, computer information systems, management information systems, or a related field is generally preferred. Education and experience may be substituted for one another.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate at least five (5) years’ experience, within the Versa licensing system.
- Excellent leadership, management and strategic planning skills;
- Effective verbal and written to indication, organizational, and team building skills;
- Strong analytical and project management skills;
- Excellent problem-solving in relationship management skills with a proactive and open approach to conflict resolution;
- Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence and build effective and strategic relationships among diverse groups of people at all levels within the organization;
- Ability to facilitate change in effectively lead in an environment of change;
- Ability to establish program goals and objectives and to devise effective solutions to problems.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Certifications in computer network design, security, support.
- Coordinates with users to identify system requirements, develop functional design specifications to meet requirements, and solve complex operational problems.
- Oversees the training of staff prior to the implementation of technical and/or computer systems and offers advice and guidance during the implementation process.
- Coordinates and/or participates in the development and execution of enterprise level strategies and technical direction, including establishing processes and procedures for executing and maintaining technology road maps.
- Coordinates and/or tests and diagnoses systems to ensure critical requirements are met.
- Coordinates studies and the preparation of reports that include study findings, recommendations, and instructions for proposed system implementations; formulates logical descriptions of problems; and devises and implements optimum solutions.
- Coordinates projects that cross-functional agency systems and other state entities that require coordinating, planning, and scheduling during project development and implementation stages.
- Cover letter detailing how your education and experience meets the requirements of this position.
Environmental & Physical Conditions: Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
Submit a complete (no blanks) State of Texas Employment Application along with a cover letter, resume, and DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: email@example.com or 512-936-3547 (fax). Applications may be submitted via WorkInTexas; however, the additional documents must be submitted to Human Resources prior to being considered for an interview.
Applications will not be considered until all required documentation is received by TREC/TALCB.
Military Crosswalk Information: http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_InformationTechnology.pdf
Tawana Hood, Human Resources 512-936-3604