Systems Analyst (2009-03-ITS)
Job Vacancy Announcement
The Texas Real Estate Commission seeks an experienced Systems Analyst capable of leading our IT helpdesk team in support of agency staff. This role performs highly complex systems analysis support work providing customer service to agency IT customers. The role is also responsible for the delivery of all desktop/end user support in the agency’s Information Technology Services Team. Will train others. Works under limited direction with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to ITS Operations Lead.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with coursework in computer science, computer information systems, management information systems, or a related field is generally preferred. Education and experience may be substituted for one another.
Experience in systems analysis and helpdesk support.
- Excellent leadership, management and strategic planning skills;
- Effective verbal and written to indication, organizational, and team building skills;
- Strong analytical and project management skills;
- Excellent problem-solving in relationship management skills with a proactive and open approach to conflict resolution;
- Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence and build effective and strategic relationships among diverse groups of people at all levels within the organization;
- Ability to facilitate change in effectively lead in an environment of change;
- Ability to establish program goals and objectives and to devise effective solutions to problems.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Certifications in computer network design, security, support.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate at least five (5) years’ experience in the following:
- Providing desktop support, Wireless / mobile device support, Email, Instant Messaging, and Printer support.
- Manages triage and distribution of helpdesk tickets and promotes the adherence to service levels.
- Facilitates requests for hardware, software, and services.
- Tracks usage and ownership of IT assets in the following areas: Desktop computer hardware and Wireless telephones and mobile devices.
- Serves as a primary onsite support resource for all end user desktop/laptop issues.
- Coordinates and oversees the set-up of equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, and appropriate software and desk phones.
- Cover letter detailing how your education and experience meets the requirements of this position.
- Resume and Transcripts required.
Environmental & Physical Conditions: Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
Submit a complete (no blanks) State of Texas Employment Application along with a cover letter, resume, and DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: email@example.com or 512-936-3547 (fax). Applications may be submitted via WorkInTexas; however, the additional documents must be submitted to Human Resources prior to being considered for an interview.
Applications will not be considered until all required documentation is received by TREC/TALCB.
Military Crosswalk Information:http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_InformationTechnology.pdf
Tawana Hood, Human Resources 512-936-3604