Job Vacancy Announcement
Texas Real Estate Commission/Texas Appraiser and Licensing Certification Board is seeking an accounting professional who shares our values of excellence, teamwork, and customer service. We are a collaborative work culture that fosters an environment of trust and accountability as we work towards our Commission’s mission to protect consumers of real estate services in Texas.
Our agency strives for employee work-life balance and provides incentives that include telework, flexible work schedules, wellness leave, health and retirement programs, 401K, vacation and paid sick leave, holiday pay, and other benefits.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with an emphasis in accounting, management, public administration or related field. Experience and education may be substituted for one another up to three years.
- A minimum of five years of experience in state government accounting, finance, purchasing, or related area.
- Thorough understanding of state of Texas Comptroller rules and requirements for financial transactions including payables, travel, and purchasing.
- Experience with Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS).
- Two years of experience approving accounting transactions.
- Three years of experience with state purchasing, procurement, and contracting.
- Minimum three years of experience managing projects and people.
- Work experience creating Statements of Work or milestones/deliverables and developing Requests for Proposal (RFP).
- Experience with data analysis and reporting; proficient with spreadsheets
- Experience training others in work product and expected outcomes.
- Experience with MIP is preferred.
- Oversees agency transition to CAPPS Financials
- Develops timelines, manages schedules, communicates roles and responsibilities, follows-through
- Reviews current processes and makes recommendations for improvements
- Prepares reports and updates for management
- Corresponds with outside parties and manages performance
- Prepares performance measurement reports and ensures data is accurate
- Performs advanced-level analysis and collaboration to identify, communicate, and solve complex production issues
- May prepare and deliver presentations
- May plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others
- Other duties as assigned
Resume and cover letter detailing how your experience fits the duties of this position
Environmental & Physical Conditions: Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
Submit a complete (no blanks) State of Texas Employment Application along with a cover letter, resume, and DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: email@example.com or 512-936-3547 (fax). Applications may be submitted via WorkInTexas; however, the additional documents must be submitted to Human Resources prior to being considered for an interview.
Applications will not be considered until all required documentation is received by TREC/TALCB.
Military Crosswalk Information: http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_ProgramManagement.pdf
Tawana Hood, Human Resources 512-936-3604