Security Analyst I (2107-16-ITD) Internal Only
Job Vacancy Announcement
Performs complex (journey-level) information security analysis work. Work involves planning, implementing, and monitoring security measures for information systems and infrastructure to regulate access to computer configuration and data files and to prevent unauthorized use, modification, destruction, or disclosure of information. May provide guidance to others. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in information technology security, computer information systems, computer science, management information systems, or a related field is generally preferred. Education and experience may be substituted for one another.
- Experience in information security analysis work.
- Minimum four years work experience gathering requirements from business organizations and translating to technical solutions.
- Experience in management, development and configuration of enterprise level security applications and/or security appliances.
- Knowledge of the limitations and capabilities of computer systems; of technology across all mainstream network, operating system, and application platforms
- Knowledge of operational support of networks, operating systems, Internet technologies, databases, and security applications
- Knowledge of information security practices, procedures, and regulations.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent, clear and professional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Effective critical thinking skills.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to professional, non-technical customers.
- Ability to gather requirements from business organizations and translate to technical solution.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and contribute current skills to other team members.
- Ability to plan, organize and work independently, as well as within a team environment.
- Experience with State of Texas security reporting requirements
- Experience implementing and supporting enterprise level security polices and procedures.
- Experience implementing and supporting enterprise level security systems.
- Experience in the planning and modernization of a technical environment.
- Experience maintaining systems in a regulatory environment
- Experience maintaining applications that interact with DPS/FBI background check systems
- Performs regular and required technical risk assessments and reviews of new and existing applications and systems, including data center physical security and environment. Identifies security violations.
- Manage the annual audit process of established accounts on primary system (Network, Versa, Neubus)
- Security Reporting and Procedure Management
- Facilities submission of agency required security reports
- Monitors and maintains systems and procedures to protect data systems and databases from unauthorized access
- Assists in the development of the agency COOP
- Develops and implements plans to safeguard computer configuration and data files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs.
- Assists in designing and deploying security applications and infrastructure program activities
- Manage the security setup for DPS and CJIS partners
- Provides guidance in troubleshooting and problem-solving related to system software
- Supports the implementation of computer system security plans with agency personnel and outside vendors
- Modifies and monitors computer configuration and data files to incorporate new software and virus protection systems, correct errors, or change indivdual access status
- Secrurity Audit Reviews
- Research systems and procedures for the prevention, detection, containment, and correction of data security breaches
Security Training and Education
- Trains users and promotes security awareness to ensure system security and to improve application, server, and network efficiency. Manages annual security training requirements for staff
- Performs related work as assigned
Cover letter detailing how your experience relates to the duties of the position.
Environmental & Physical Conditions:
Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
To apply for this position, complete an on-line application either through the TREC CAPPS External Applicant Career Section at CAPPS Careers or through Work In Texas (WIT) at http://www.twc.state.tx.us
For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TREC Human Resources by calling 512-936-3604. Applications must be received by the closing date in order to be considered for this posting. TREC does not accept paper applications.
Submit a cover letter, DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: email@example.com or 512-936-3547 (fax).
Applications will not be considered until all required documentation is received by TREC/TALCB.
Human Resources at 512-936-3563