Renew Your Easement or Right-of-Way Agent or Business Registration
As an Easement or Right-of-Way (ERW) Agent or Business, you must renew your registration every two years. A renewal notice will be sent about 90 days before your expiration date. If your registration expires, you cannot renew it and must re-apply as an ERW agent.
Requirements for renewing your ERW registration
- Submit the Renewal Form for Easement or Right of Way Agents or Business.
- If you have not submitted your fingerprints for TREC with a previous renewal or application, you must be fingerprinted for a criminal background check. For business entities, the designated agent for a business entity must be fingerprinted.
If you are a business entity, you must submit a Franchise Tax Account Status page from the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts issued within 21 days prior to the date of the application as evidence of qualification to transact business in Texas.
- Renew online using our Online Services. If you have not renewed online before, you may need to register first.
- You can renew your registration up to 90 days before your expiration date.
- Pay the renewal fee online using our Online Services no later than the expiration date of your registration.
- Submit any required documents to TREC no later than the expiration date of your registration.
Renew by Mail
- Submit the Renewal Form for Easement or Right of Way Agent or Business and any required documents before the expiration date.
- Include payment of the renewal fee, with an additional paper processing fee.