Purchaser III/V (2109-03-FIN) TWO POSITIONS - ON HOLD
Job Vacancy Announcement
Texas Real Estate Commission and Texas Appraiser Licensing and Certification Board is seeking a Purchaser that can perform complex purchasing and procurement work. Responsibilities include the timely processing of orders; adhering to state purchasing guidelines, rules, and agency processes; and maintaining oversight-reporting requirements. The position requires excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to make recommendations and exhibit independent judgement.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in business, public administration, or a related field. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
- Five (5) years experience in the purchasing and procurement of goods and services; of which at least three (3) years must be in state purchasing.
- Certified as a Certified Texas Contract Developer (CTCD) or must obtain the Texas certification within twelve (12) months of the date of hire and must be maintained during entire employment.
- Knowledge of purchasing and procurement methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of state procurement principles and practices
- Skill in writing and editing correspondence and contracts
- Skill in researching, analysing, and interpreting state policies and federal regulations
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to communication effectively and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to evaluate bids
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Ability to develop methods and procedures for locating supply sources
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups and work productively with others
- Experience with CAPPS
- Certified Contract Manager (CTCM)
- Oversees or creates purchase orders and orders merchandise, supplies, and equipment by using, interpreting, and monitoring established guidelines, rules, policies, and laws
- Oversees or initiates and approves emergency purchases
- Oversees the preparation and distribution of bid invitations to vendors
- Coordinates Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Statement of Work (SOW) documents
- Coordinates the preparation, review, tracking, and expedition of purchase orders
- Coordinates the auditing and review of invoices, and reviews and checks for accuracy, receipt of material, and compliance of purchase orders
- Coordinates the development of purchasing program guidelines, procedures, policies, rules, or regulations
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and prepares bid specifications
- Reviews purchase orders for completeness and compliance prior to the processing of invitations for bid
- Monitors legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to purchasing and procurement
- Prepares and provides statutorily required reports
- May coordinate the development and provision of training to staff regarding purchasing and procurement practices and policies
- May apply comptroller object codes, and appropriation control codes
- May coordinates receipt of equipment and commodities; distributes within agency
- May assist with receiving, storing, and issuing of warehouse items, and oversees the inventory control of those items as needed
- Maintains accurate logs and records; develops and submits reports
- Performs related work as assigned
Cover letter detailing how your education and experience meets the requirements of the position
Environmental & Physical Conditions: Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. Appearing at hearings requires sitting for long periods of time. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
To apply for this position, complete an on-line application either through the TREC CAPPS External Applicant Career Section at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/329/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en or through Work In Texas (WIT) at http://www.twc.state.tx.us
For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TREC Human Resources by calling 512-936-3604. Applications must be received by the closing date in order to be considered for this posting. TREC does not accept paper applications.
Submit a cover letter, DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: email@example.com or 512-936-3547 (fax).
Military Crosswalk information: http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_PropertyManagementandProcurement.pdf
Human Resources at 512-936-3604