Purchaser II (2201-13-FIN)
Job Vacancy Announcement
The Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) and Texas Appraiser Licensing and Certification Board (TALCB) are seeking a Purchaser that can perform routine purchasing and procurement duties. Responsibilities include purchasing and procuring commodities, equipment, and services in accordance with the State of Texas and TREC guidelines, rules, policies, and laws. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in business, public administration, or a related field is preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another. High School graduate or GED required.
Experience in purchasing environment.
• Knowledge of purchasing and procurement methods and procedures.
• Skill in writing and editing correspondence.
• Skill in researching, analyzing, and interpreting state policies and federal regulations.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Ability to communication effectively and excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with vendors and suppliers.
• Ability to develop methods and procedures for locating supply sources.
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups and work productively with others.
• Experience with CAPPS
• Certified Contract Manager (CTCD)
• Reviews requisitions for accuracy and completeness.
• Creates and issues purchase orders for merchandise, supplies, and equipment in accordance with the State of Texas and TREC guidelines, rules, policies and laws.
• Tracks and manages the status of requisitions and purchase orders.
• Prepares and reviews bids and purchase orders to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
• Prepares and distributes bid invitations to vendors.
• Reviews and tabulates bids and orders to determine lowest and best bids or bids that provide best value.
• Maintains and reviews various purchasing and procurement reports, records, and files. Assists with emergency purchases.
• Assists with preparing statutorily required reports.
• Acts as back to inventory specialist including but not limited to: Assisting with determining operational minimum and maximum inventory levels; coordinating receipt of equipment and commodities; distributing within agency and tracking inventory controls of items as needed.
• Performs related work as assigned.
Environmental & Physical Conditions: Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
To apply for this position, complete an on-line application either through the TREC CAPPS External Applicant Career Section at CAPPS Careers or through Work In Texas (WIT) at http://www.twc.state.tx.us
For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TREC Human Resources by calling 512-936-3604. Applications must be received by the closing date in order to be considered for this posting. TREC does not accept paper applications.
Submit a cover letter, DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-936-3547 (fax).
Applications will not be considered until all required documentation is received by TREC/TALCB.
Military Crosswalk Information: http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_PropertyManagementandProcurement.pdf
Human Resources at 512-936-3586