Administrative Assistant (1802-13-ELS)
Job Vacancy Announcement
Provide administrative support to the Education & Licensing Services (ELS) Division
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university. Experience can substitute for education on a year for year basis.
- Minimum four years work experience in office practices and administrative procedures
- Work experience preparing technical program reports and performing analyses
- Knowledge of general business procedures and use of standard office equipment
- Skill in operating a personal computer with word processing, database, and spreadsheet software
- Skill in providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Effective verbal and written communication, human relations and organizational skills
- Ability to quickly learn and apply agency statutes and rules
- Ability to communicate professionally via telephone and email
- Ability to perform specialized data entry and data retrieval on the computer database
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to successfully function as a team member and work effectively with team leaders, managers and co-workers
- Ability to consistently present a professional image to license holders, the public and co-workers
- Ability to create grammatically correct and error-free correspondence in a timely and efficient manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- Work experience responding to requests under the Public Information Act (Government Code, Section 552)
- Work experience creating/revising forms
- Work experience creating or updating website content
- Prepare documents and obtain information in response to public information requests. Includes researching and providing hard or soft copies of documents/information relevant to requests and pursuant to the Public Information Act of the Government Code. Must accurately redact documents as required by agency policy and rules and prepare for review by the ELS Division Public Information Liaison; accurately update ORR Tracker for the division open records request; and ensure that requests are completed and responses provided within the required timeframe
- Prepare a response to license history requests for TREC and TALCB. Includes accurately researching license holder histories; preparing error-free license history letters for signature; and completing and providing a response to license history requests within the required timeframe
- Prepare and distribute reports, studies, and correspondence. Includes preparing and distributing accurate division reports as requested by director or managers; performing research and studies relative to division matters upon request; and composing/preparing grammatically correct and error-free correspondence as requested by director or managers
- Update division related information on the TREC and TALCB website. Includes coordinating with director and managers when website changes are needed; and providing and completing error-free revisions or updates to the websites as requested or required in a timely manner
- Prepare and assist in creating or editing division related forms. Includes suggesting and implementing corrections or revisions to forms. Must accurately create or revise existing forms according to instructions given by director or managers; maintain forms electronically in a manner that is easy to locate and retrieve; ensure that forms are error-free, prepared in advance of agenda and materials meetings, ready for Commission and Board meetings; and ensure that forms are posted timely to the website after adoption by the Commission or Board
- Provide excellent customer service via written communication, by telephone or in person. Includes assisting education providers, agency stakeholders and agency staff in a professional and courteous manner; answering or responding to telephone, correspondence or email inquiries in a timely manner; and composing all correspondence accurately and in a clear and concise manner, free of grammatical and typographical errors
- Perform other duties as assigned
Resume and cover letter detailing how your experience fits the duties of this position
Environmental & Physical Conditions: Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
Applications will not be considered until all required documentation is received by TREC/TALCB.
Submit a complete (no blanks) State of Texas Employment Application along with a cover letter, resume, and DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: email@example.com or 512-936-3547 (fax). Applications may be submitted via WorkInTexas; however, the additional documents must be submitted to Human Resources prior to being considered for an interview.
Skills test will be conducted at the time of interview.
Military Crosswalk Information: http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_AdministrativeSupport.pdf
Human Resources 512-936-3604