License & Permit Specialist III (2206-30-TALCB)
Job Vacancy Announcement
Performs complex (journey-level) licensing work. Work involves receiving and reviewing appraiser license and certification applications; ensuring compliance with applicable policies, administrative codes, and statutes; communicating with external and internal customers; and approving licenses. Review applicants qualifying education, continuing education, and appraiser experience for compliance. May provide guidance to others. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in customer service, clerical, administrative, or technical support work which included reviewing documents for complaint with rules and standards
- Experience and education may be substituted for one another
- Knowledge of office practices; of administrative and technical procedures; and of TALCB policies, administrative codes, and statutes.
- Skill in the use of standard office equipment, computers, and computer software.
- Ability to respond to public inquiries in a timely manner; to implement administrative and technical procedures; to interpret agency laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to communicate effectively; and to provide guidance to others
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
- Work experience reviewing applications for an occupational license
- Receives and reviews appraiser license and certification applications, revisions, and renewals.
- Evaluate and track applications and responses to notices of deficiency for education, experience, background information, and any other deficiencies.
- Inputs license applications, payments, and required technical data for licenses and certifications into appropriate computer applications, databases, and systems.
- Maintains records associated with license and certification applications, fee payments, and violations, and completes necessary forms to approve or deny applications.
- Maintains program data related to licensed or permitted activities.
- Provides administrative and technical assistance related to license and certifications requirements to the public, license holders, agency staff, and other stakeholders; answers questions and explains licensing and certification laws; and supplies information regarding license and certification processing, policies, and procedures.
- Monitors applications and follows up with applicants and supervisors as needed.
- Approves or denies license and certification applications based on state statutes, administrative codes, and agency policies and procedures.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Cover letter detailing how your experience relates to the duties of the position
Environmental & Physical Conditions: Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
To apply for this position, complete an on-line application either through the TREC CAPPS External Applicant Career Section at CAPPS Careers or through Work In Texas (WIT) at http://www.twc.state.tx.us
For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TREC Human Resources by calling 512-936-3604. Applications must be received by the closing date in order to be considered for this posting. TREC does not accept paper applications.
Submit a DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: email@example.com or 512-936-3547 (fax).
Applications will not be considered until all required documentation is received by TREC/TALCB.
Skills test will be conducted at the time of the interview.
Military Crosswalk information: http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_AdministrativeSupport.pdf
Human Resources at 512-936-3604