Legal Secretary (2009-04-TALCB)
Job Vacancy Announcement
Serve as a legal secretary in the Texas Appraiser Licensing & Certification Board’s (TALCB) Standards & Enforcement Services Division. Provides administrative and legal support for the division’s attorneys, investigators and legal assistants. Work involves preparation and dissemination of legal correspondence, reports, and forms, processing of files through database system, serving as division receptionist and record management tasks.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum three years of administrative work experience in a professional office setting
- Work experience organizing, filing, and maintaining administrative documents
- Work experience in use of databases to track files, records, and other information
- Associate or bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years of relevant legal secretary experience preferably in a government agency or law firm, corporate counsel office, legal-aid or family legal office
- Three to five years of experience managing audits, background reviews, regulatory complaint cases and/or investigative cases and records retention / management
- Experience using VERSA database
- Knowledge of Texas Public Information Act laws and corresponding rules promulgated by the Texas attorney general
- Knowledge of the Texas Appraiser Licensing & Certification Act and Texas Appraisal Management Company Registration and Regulation Act and the Rules of the Texas Appraiser Licensing & Certification Board
- Provide administrative and legal secretarial support for the division’s attorneys, investigators and legal assistants. Prepare and disseminate correspondence, reports and forms, process files through database system.
- Primary receptionist for phone calls received by TALCB SES
- Review and process mail for division staff; schedule, maintain, and update appointment calendars detailing events
- Manage and process intake and resolution of license application audits, applicant background reviews, gather criminal history documentation/information, and assist attorneys in the review of applicant criminal history reports
- Assist in the processing of public information requests
- Assist in organizing trial and hearing materials
- Coordinate the Peer Investigative Committee (PIC) process
- Coordinate the review appraiser contractor process for commercial experience audits
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of TALCB SES
Resume and cover letter detailing how your experience fits the duties of this position
Employment is contingent on passing a criminal background investigation that will permit a candidate to access the Texas CJIS System.
Environmental & Physical Conditions: Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
Submit a complete (no blanks) State of Texas Employment Application along with a cover letter, resume, and DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: email@example.com or 512-936-3547 (fax). Applications may be submitted via WorkInTexas; however, the additional documents must be submitted to Human Resources prior to being considered for an interview.
Applications will not be considered until all required documentation is received by TREC/TALCB.
Skills test will be conducted at the time of interview.
Military Crosswalk Information: http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_Legal.pdf
Tawana Hood, Human Resources 512-936-3604