Inventory & Store Specialist III (2106-15-FIN)
Job Vacancy Announcement
Performs receiving, supply room, property management, and inventory services. Work involves stocking, assignment and transferring of inventory and ensuring compliance with established/new policies and procedures. Work involves working with purchasing and accounts payable staff to confirm receipt of agency commodities, equipment, and services using established guidelines, rules, policies, and laws. May provide guidance to others; working with general supervision and moderate latitude to use initiative and independent judgement.
Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent is generally preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
- Two (2) years’ experience organizing and managing data, property, and/or inventory
- Experience with electronic inventory tracking - (Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS) and State Property Accounting (SPA) preferred).
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Good written, verbal skills and organizational skills
- Skill in use of computer and Microsoft Office
- Tracks the status of purchase orders and agency assets. Receives orders for the agency, ensures orders are accurate and complete. Works with Purchasing and Accounts Payable on any order/invoice discrepancies
- Audits receipt of material(s), and compliance with purchase orders. Matches orders with purchase order and invoice, delivers goods to customers and forwards invoices/packing slips, etc. to Accounts Payable.
- Submits requests for merchandise, supplies, and equipment requisitions using guidelines, rules, policies and laws to maintain adequate levels of stock.
- Maintains inventories in supply room using an automated tracking system, based off historical data and the development of reorder points and lead times.
- Maintains, execute, review and update various receiving, inventory, property tracking, asset management, accounting and procurement reports and maintains files.
- Schedules and conducts spot, quarterly, semi-annual and annual inventories. Reconciles inventory records, researches asset records and resolves inventory reporting discrepancies.
- Fills internal orders and delivers materials to customers and moves inventory and shipments as needed, including furniture/equipment.
- Gathers information and assists with the identification and storage of records to ensure that they are correctly categorized for records retention.
- Manages inventories of keys, security badges, coordinates inventory, internal office and general equipment moves and transfers.
- Liaison with Texas Facilities Commission (TFC) for work requests and all communications with the TFC Property Manager.
- Ensure common areas are adequately maintained, in accordance with State Office of Risk Management (SORM) safety, risk management and health requirements. May act as the agency Safety Coordinator and/or Additional Duty Safety Officer.
- Develop training curriculums, policies, procedures, controls and process improvements for inventory management, property controls (loss prevention), and surplus property.
- Tracks equipment utilizing asset management software and manages assets in conjunction with CAPPS/SPA; may act as agency asset manager
- Composes emails and communicates across divisions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Environmental & Physical Conditions: May involve lifting, walking, standing, remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
To apply for this position, complete an on-line application either through the TREC CAPPS External Applicant Career Section at CAPPS Careers or through Work In Texas (WIT) at http://www.twc.state.tx.us
For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TREC Human Resources by calling 512-936-3604. Applications must be received by the closing date in order to be considered for this posting. TREC does not accept paper applications.
Submit a cover letter, DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-936-3547 (fax).
Military Crosswalk Information:
Human Resources at 512-936-3604