Human Resources Specialist III (2103-11-EXEC) - ON HOLD
Job Vacancy Announcement
Perform Human Resources (HR) functions, to include recruitment and selection, compensation, leave, benefits and organizational development). Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in office administration is required, with application screening and human resource experience preferred.
Experience in human resources management work. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in human resources management, business or public administration, organizational development, or a related field is generally preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
- Working knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly assimilate information related to our agency, State and Federal regulations, legislation, human resources guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Must demonstrate an ability to exercise poise, tact, diplomacy and an ability to establish and maintain positive, working/professional relationships with internal/external customers. Must demonstrate TREC core values: Dependability, Initiative, Communication and Teamwork. Able to work effectively as a team member in a shared-office environment with frequent interruptions and distractions, moderate noise levels, and consistent and occasionally peaked time/volume/accuracy pressures.
- Skill in oral and written communication, in conducting interviews, in using a computer, CAPPS and in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Effective grammar, spelling, punctuation and editing skills
- Skill in organizing and tracking information in Excel spreadsheets
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and appropriate levels of proficiency with utilized software and systems and be able to learn new software/systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate via email, tracking correspondence and responding to inquiries timely
- Ability to adapt successfully and quickly to change and deliver quality results in a timely manner
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations and under strict deadlines with extreme attention to detail
- Ability to willingly accept and use constructive criticism/feedback to improve performance
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to plan, organize and work independently, as well as within a team environment
- Ability to gather, assemble, correlate and analyze information
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
PHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification can substitute for one year of experience
- Coordinate, prepare, and participate in recruitment activity including but not limited to drafting job postings and supplemental questions, posting positions, reviewing and screening applications for qualifications, and assisting hiring managers with preparation of related documents and processes.
- Completes human resources-related surveys and questionnaires, and compiles and analyzes human resources data.
- Perform technical and administrative work in support of the human resources office and maintain human resource files and records.
- Processes personnel actions and reviews completed personnel actions to ensure conformity with agency, state and federal regulations. Verify and enter employee actions into our CAPPS system.
- Assist in risk management tasks such as maintaining first aid kits,participating in the coordination of drills, disseminating quarterly safety updates; participating in Continuity of Operations Plan maintenance, and State Office of Risk Management reviews
- Assists in reviewing and developing human resources policies and procedures.
- Attend work regularly and observe approved work hours in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Cover letter detailing how your experience ties into the duties of this position
Environmental & Physical Conditions: Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
To apply for this position, complete an on-line application either through the TREC CAPPS External Applicant Career Section at CAPPS Careers or through Work In Texas (WIT) at http://www.twc.state.tx.us
For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TREC Human Resources by calling 512-936-3604. Applications must be received by the closing date in order to be considered for this posting. TREC does not accept paper applications.
Submit a cover letter, DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: email@example.com or 512-936-3547 (fax).
Applications will not be considered until all required documentation is received by TREC/TALCB.
Military Crosswalk Information: http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_HumanResources.pdf
Human Resources 512-936-3604