Human Resources Generalist (1801-10-SSS)
Job Vacancy Announcement
Perform Human Resources (HR) functions, to include applicant services, recruitment, coordinating special events, benefits, risk management, training, and administrative duties to facilitate the efficiency and effectiveness of the Commission.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university. Experience can substitute for education on a year for year basis.
- Three years work experience in human resources
- Work experience in recruitment and hiring
- Work experience coordinating projects/events
- Knowledge of HR laws, regulations, and best practices
- Knowledge of professional development and training programs
- Effective verbal and written communication, human relations and organizational skills
- Effective grammar, spelling, punctuation and editing skills
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations and of the principles and practices relevant to HR management
- Skill in organizing and tracking information in Excel spreadsheets
- Skill in providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Skill in using Internet for research for laws and policies
- Proficient skill in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe
- Ability to effectively communicate via email, tracking correspondence and responding to inquiries timely
- Ability to coordinate agency-wide events
- Ability to adapt successfully and quickly to change and deliver quality results in a timely manner
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations and under strict deadlines with extreme attention to detail
- Ability to willingly accept and use constructive criticism/feedback to improve performance
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to plan, organize and work independently, as well as within a team environment
- Ability to gather, assemble, correlate and analyze information
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- One year work experience as a recruiter
- Work experience with the Work in Texas website
- Work experience with ERS OnLine
- Coordinate the applicant services process for the agency, to include: creating and posting job vacancy announcements; reviewing classification, FLSA status, and internal equity; reviewing pre- and post-hiring documents; posting and closing vacancies on various recruiting sources; downloading and screening applications; reviewing hiring packets for completeness and legal compliance; preparing and sending correspondence; and recommending and implementing process improvements
- Coordinate the on-boarding and out-processing of agency employees, to include: ensuring appropriate personnel are notified; assist new hires with training and paperwork; obtaining prior state service verifications; entering benefits into ERS OnLine, scheduling New Employee Integration; sending out new employee questionnaires; and scheduling exit interviews with departing employees
- Prepare, route, and track Personnel Action Forms
- Perform administrative HR support, to include: maintaining HR and employee files (105 person agency); conducting research on various topics; preparing, interpreting, and disseminating information on HR programs and procedures; maintaining HR and employee files; participating in records retention activities; and responding to inquiries from external entities
- Serve as the agency’s building access, key, and parking coordinator
- Coordinate and lead special events, such as Lunch & Learns, the State Employee Charitable Campaign, Events Committee, and Service Awards
- Assist in risk management tasks such as maintaining first aid kits, participating in the coordination of drills, disseminating quarterly safety updates; participating in Continuity of Operations Plan maintenance, and State Office of Risk Management reviews
- Serve as back up for the Human Resources Manager, to include: preparing and/or requesting reports, preparing 941 taxes; and benefits administration
- Serve as back up to leave accountant
- Perform other duties as assigned
Cover letter detailing how your experience fits the duties of this position and college transcripts
Environmental & Physical Conditions: Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
Submit a complete (no blanks) State of Texas Employment Application along with a cover letter, transcripts, and DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-936-3547 (fax). Applications may be submitted via WorkInTexas; however, the additional documents must be submitted to Human Resources prior to being considered for an interview.
Applications will not be considered until all required documentation is received by TREC/TALCB.
Skills test will be conducted at the time of interview.
Military Crosswalk Information: http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_Legal.pdf
Human Resources 512-936-3604