Customer Service Representative I (2211-10-CRD)
Job Vacancy Announcement
Assist the public and license holders by providing accurate information via a multi-line telephone system, email, & in person.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
One year of customer service experience in an office environment
- Knowledge of general business procedures and use of standard office equipment
- Skill in operating a personal computer with word processing, database, and spreadsheet software
- Skill in providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Effective verbal and written communication, human relations and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate professionally via telephone and email
- Ability to quickly and accurately retrieve information from a computer database
- Ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations
- Ability to quickly learn the rules and procedures for TREC/TALCB
- Ability to willingly accept and use constructive criticism/feedback to improve performance
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to adapt successfully to change
- Ability to successfully function as a team member and work effectively with team leaders, managers and co-workers
- Ability to consistently present a professional image to license holders, the public and co-workers
- One year work experience in customer service
- Texas Real Estate license holder (Cannot hold an active license if employed by TREC)
On-the-job training will be provided to establish a general knowledge of licensure requirements, agency functions, and division procedures .
- Attend work regularly and observe approved work hours in accordance with agency/division leave and attendance policies
- Proficient typing and critical thinking skills to answer customer emails while assisting customers
- Ability to address customer inquiries/concerns in person at reception desk
- Must be on time and ready to assist customer between 8-5 daily
- Display genuine friendly, engaging, and helpful personality in person and on the phone
- Ability to grasp and retain new information quickly and efficiently
- Must be able to operate a phone headset, computer, and company software
- Provide accurate information to license holders and the public
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products, preferably Outlook, Teams, Word, and Excel
- Perform other duties as assigned
A skills test may be administered during the interview.
Environmental & Physical Conditions: Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
To apply for this position, complete an on-line application either through the TREC CAPPS External Applicant Career Section at CAPPS Careers or through Work In Texas (WIT) at http://www.twc.state.tx.us
For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TREC Human Resources by calling 512-936-3604. Applications must be received by the closing date in order to be considered for this posting. TREC does not accept paper applications.
Submit a cover letter, DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-936-3547 (fax).
Military Crosswalk information: http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_AdministrativeSupport.pdf
Human Resources at 512-936-3604