Customer Service Representative (2010-11-RCS)
Job Vacancy Announcement
Assist the public and license holders by providing accurate information via a multi-line telephone system, email, & in person.
High school diploma or equivalent. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
One year of customer service experience in an office environment
- One year work experience in a call center environment
- Texas Real Estate license holder (Cannot hold an active license if employed by TREC)
On-the-job training will be provided to establish a good general knowledge of licensure requirements and of agency functions and procedures.
- Answer approximately 50 to 75 incoming calls per day
- Attend work regularly and observe approved work hours in accordance with agency/division leave and attendance policies
- Respond to email inquiries within two business days from the date received
- Provide accurate information to license holders and the public
- Answer questions regarding license renewals, fees, and forms
- Professionally assist license holders with their online renewals and all other online transactions
- Access database information to assist license holders and the public
- Provide a detailed summary of all calls and emails to license holders in VERSA
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
- Keep current with TREC/TALCB rules, policies, forms, and procedures
- Assist in maintaining a division notebook to use as a reference for all TREC/TALCB rules, laws, contracts, forms, and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Cover letter detailing how your education and experience meets the requirements of the position
Environmental & Physical Conditions: Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
Submit a complete (no blanks) State of Texas Employment Application along with a cover letter, resume, and DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: email@example.com or 512-936-3547 (fax). Applications may be submitted via WorkInTexas; however, the additional documents must be submitted to Human Resources prior to being considered for an interview.
Applications will not be considered until all required documentation is received by TREC/TALCB.
Skills test will be conducted at the time of interview.
Military Crosswalk Information: http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_AdministrativeSupport.pdf
Human Resources at 512-936-3604