Skip to Content

Texas law requires all brokers and sales agents to provide written notice regarding information about brokerage services at the first substantive communication with a prospective buyers, tenants, sellers, and landlord concerning specific real property.  The Information About Brokerage Services form (or the IABS), is the required method to provide that information to those parties.

Brokers and sales agents are also required to provide written notice to consumers about how to file a complaint with TREC and written notice regarding the Texas Real Estate Recovery Trust Account. TREC has adopted a TREC Consumer Protection Notice to provide this required information.

Please visit the "Information About Brokerage Services (IABS) & Consumer Protection Notice" page of this website for more detailed information about the IABS and the Consumer Protection Notice, and the compliance and  posting requirements related to both.