Appraiser III (2107-21-TALCB)
Job Vacancy Announcement
We are a collaborative work culture that values an environment of trust and accountability as we work towards our Board’s mission to safeguard consumers in matters of real property appraisal services. TALCB shares staff members and resources with the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC). Together TREC and TALCB oversee real estate brokerage, real property appraisals, inspections, home warranties, and timeshare opportunities. The agency also provides education and licensing services, as well as regulation and enforcement of state and federal laws and requirements that govern real property appraisals.
We value employee work-life balance and provide our team incentives that include telework, flexible work schedules, wellness leave incentive, health and retirement programs, 401K, vacation and sick leave paid, holiday pay, and other various benefits.
Serve as an appraiser in the Texas Appraiser Licensing & Certification Board’s (TALCB) Division. Investigate complaints involving appraisers and appraisal management companies.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum three years work experience as a certified real estate appraiser.
- Texas certified general real estate appraiser or ability to obtain license within 30 days of employment.
- Background in appraisal review.
- Knowledge of appraisal principles, techniques, and procedures.
- Knowledge of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice.
- Knowledge of word processing and other software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of business letter writing, grammar and punctuation, and report preparation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner and to apply tact and diplomacy with others to gain cooperation and compliance.
- Ability to plan, organize and arrange workload to meet schedules and deadlines, working both independently, as well as within a team environment.
- Ability to adapt and multi-task while delivering quality results in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations under strict deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to learn the laws, regulations, and rules pertaining to real estate appraisers and appraisal management companies.
- Experience in commercial and residential real estate appraisal, appraisal reviews or as an investigator in an enforcement agency.
- Knowledge of the Texas Appraiser Licensing and Certification Act, Texas Occupations Code Chapter 1103, and corresponding Texas Appraiser Licensing & Certification Board Rules.
- Knowledge of the Texas Appraisal Management Company Registration and Regulation Act, Texas Occupations Code Chapter 1104, and corresponding Texas Appraiser Licensing & Certification Board Rules.
- Prior work experience or educational background in commercial and residential real estate.
- Familiarity with Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and CoStar.
- Investigate complaints involving appraisers and appraisal management companies.
- Prepare investigative reports and exhibits and documents for hearings.
- Interview witnesses and parties to complaints.
- Provide courtroom testimony regarding investigations conducted.
- Maintain and manage a caseload of complaints.
- Maintain and manage independent contractor review appraisers, ensuring timely completion and quality of work product.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Resume and cover letter detailing how your experience ties to the position.
Copies of college transcripts and applicable appraiser credentials must be provided at the time of interview.
Environmental & Physical Conditions
Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
To apply for this position, complete an on-line application either through the TREC CAPPS External Applicant Career Section at CAPPS Careers or through Work In Texas (WIT) at http://www.twc.state.tx.us. TREC/TALCB does not accept paper applications.
For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the Human Resources Division at 512-936-3604.
The Texas Veterans Commission provides helpful employment information.
- Veterans must provide form DD-214
- Surviving Spouse of Orphan must provide DD-1300 or DD-214
Only interviewed applicants will receive notice of the final disposition of the selection process.
Human Resources at 512-936-3604