Job Vacancy Announcement
We are a collaborative work culture that values an environment of trust and accountability as we work towards our Board’s mission to safeguard consumers in matters of real property appraisal services. TALCB shares staff members and resources with the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC). Together TREC and TALCB oversee real estate brokerage, real property appraisals, inspections, home warranties, and timeshare opportunities. The agency also provides education and licensing services, as well as regulation and enforcement of state and federal laws and requirements that govern real property appraisals.
We value employee work-life balance and provide our team incentives that include telework, flexible work schedules, wellness leave incentive, health and retirement programs, 401K, vacation and sick leave paid, holiday pay, and other various benefits.
Serve as an appraiser in the Texas Appraiser Licensing & Certification Board’s (TALCB) Standards & Enforcement Services Division. Investigate complaints or audits involving appraisers and appraisal management companies. Manage independent contractor review appraisers to ensure timely completion and quality of outsourced review work.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum six years work experience as a certified general real estate appraiser.
- Texas certified general real estate appraiser or ability to obtain license within 30 days of employment.
- Background in commercial appraisal and appraisal review.
- Knowledge of appraisal principles, techniques, and procedures.
- Knowledge of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice.
- Knowledge of word processing and other software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of business letter writing, grammar and punctuation, and report preparation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner and to apply tact and diplomacy with others to gain cooperation and compliance.
- Ability to plan, organize and arrange workload to meet schedules and deadlines, working both independently, as well as within a team environment.
- Ability to adapt and multi-task while delivering quality results in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations under strict deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to learn the laws, regulations, and rules pertaining to real estate appraisers and appraisal management companies.
- Experience in commercial and residential real estate appraisal, appraisal reviews or as an investigator in an enforcement agency.
- Knowledge of the Texas Appraiser Licensing and Certification Act, Texas Occupations Code Chapter 1103, and corresponding Texas Appraiser Licensing & Certification Board Rules.
- Knowledge of the Texas Appraisal Management Company Registration and Regulation Act, Texas Occupations Code Chapter 1104, and corresponding Texas Appraiser Licensing & Certification Board Rules.
- Prior work experience or educational background in commercial and residential real estate.
- Familiarity with Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and CoStar.
- Investigate complaints or audits involving appraisers and appraisal management companies.
- Prepare investigative reports and exhibits and documents for hearings.
- Interview witnesses and parties to complaints and audits.
- Provide courtroom testimony regarding investigations and audits conducted.
- Maintain and manage a caseload of complaints and audits.
- Maintain and manage independent contractor review appraisers, ensuring timely completion and quality of work product.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Resume and cover letter detailing how your experience ties to the position.
Copies of college transcripts and applicable appraiser credentials must be provided at the time of interview.
Environmental & Physical Conditions: Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
Submit a complete (no blanks) State of Texas Employment Application along with a cover letter, resume, and DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-936-3547 (fax). Applications may be submitted via WorkInTexas; however, the additional documents must be submitted to Human Resources prior to being considered for an interview.
Applications will not be considered until all required documentation is received by TREC/TALCB.
Military Crosswalk Information: http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_LandSurveyingAppraisingandUtilities.pdf
Tawana Hood, Human Resources at 512-936-3604