Administrative Assistant (2205-26-ENF) 2 POSITIONS
Job Vacancy Announcement
Work involves providing administrative support to the TREC Enforcement Division. Performs general office duties such as answering phones and responding to inquiries.
We value employee work-life balance and provide our team members incentives that include telework, flexible work schedules, wellness leave incentive, health and retirement programs, 401K, vacation and sick leave paid, holiday pay, and other various benefits. The Enforcement Division values teamwork and productivity to accomplish our consumer protection mission. TREC oversees real estate brokerage, inspections, and timeshares. The agency also provides education and licensing services, as well as regulation and enforcement of state laws.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Three years of office experience in general business procedures and use of standard office equipment including computer, scanner, and multi-line phone.
Experience answering the phones and providing customer service.
- Ability to communicate professionally with the public both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform data entry and data retrieval on the computer database.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform complex word processing tasks and create and maintain spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to successfully function as a team member and work well with all levels of co-workers and customers.
- Ability to follow division operating procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work until 5:00p.m.
- Experience working with the public.
- Knowledge of The Real Estate License Act and the Rules of the Texas Real Estate Commission.
- Experience with state government.
- Experience working with paperless filing systems.
- Experience in a legal environment.
- Work experience creating/revising forms.
- Initial processing of incoming Application, Background, and Fitness Determination cases.
- Acts as primary back-up to communications and message center for Enforcement Division.
- Open and close complaint cases and update case records for assigned regions in computer database.
- Scan, email, and copy documents and maintain paperless files.
- Prepare batches, memos, reports, and other documents as assigned.
- Prepare drafts and finalize correspondence for attorneys and legal assistants.
- Maintain accurate computer records.
- Route correspondence, faxes, and files.
- Work as a team member within the support staff.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Cover letter detailing how your education and experience meets the requirements of the position
- If granted an interview, provide three professional references and take a skills test at the time of the interview.
- Candidate must be able to pass a criminal background history check to work in this position.
Environmental & Physical Conditions: Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
To apply for this position, complete an on-line application either through the TREC CAPPS External Applicant Career Section at the CAPPS Careers Website or through Work In Texas (WIT) at http://www.twc.state.tx.us.
For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TREC Human Resources by calling 512-936-3604. Applications must be received by the closing date in order to be considered for this posting. TREC does not accept paper applications.
Submit a cover letter, DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: email@example.com or 512-936-3547 (fax).
Applications will not be considered until all required documentation is received by TREC/TALCB.
Military Crosswalk Information: http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_AdministrativeSupport.pdf
Human Resources at 512-936-3586