Administrative Assistant (2010-12-SES)
Job Vacancy Announcement
To act as the communications and message center as well as provide administrative support for the Standards & Enforcement Services Division.
High school diploma or equivalent. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
Four years of office experience in general business procedures and use of standard office equipment including computer, scanner, and multi-line phone. Experience answering the phones and providing customer service.
- Ability to communicate professionally with the public both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform data entry and data retrieval on the computer database.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform complex word processing tasks and create and maintain spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to successfully function as a team member and work well with all levels of co-workers and customers.
- Ability to follow division operating procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work until 5 p.m.
- Experience working with the public.
- Knowledge of The Real Estate License Act and the Rules of the Texas Real Estate Commission.
- Experience with state government.
- Experience working with paperless filing systems.
- Experience in a legal environment.
- Work experience creating/revising forms
- Acts as communications and message center for Standards & Enforcement Services Division.
- Initial processing of incoming complaints.
- Open and close complaint cases and update case records for assigned regions in computer database.
- Scan, email, and copy documents and maintain paperless files.
- Prepare batches, memos, reports, and other documents as assigned.
- Prepare drafts and finalize correspondence for attorneys and legal assistants.
- Maintain accurate computer records.
- Route correspondence, faxes, and files.
- Work as a team member within the support staff.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Cover letter detailing how your education and experience meets the requirements of the position
- If granted an interview, provide three references and take a skills test at the interview.
Environmental & Physical Conditions: Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
Submit a complete (no blanks) State of Texas Employment Application along with a cover letter, resume, and DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: email@example.com or 512-936-3547 (fax). Applications may be submitted via WorkInTexas; however, the additional documents must be submitted to Human Resources prior to being considered for an interview.
Applications will not be considered until all required documentation is received by TREC/TALCB.
Skills test will be conducted at the time of interview.
Military Crosswalk Information: http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_AdministrativeSupport.pdf
Human Resources at 512-936-3604