Accountant II (2206-28-FIN)
Job Vacancy Announcement
Seeking an accountant to perform basic and routine accounting work. Selected candidate will create daily batches of checks and money orders received, accurately record and post daily deposit, update records and mail correspondence. This position works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of independent judgement.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, or a related field.
(Experience and education may be substituted for one another on a year-for year basis)
• Minimum two (2) years of experience in accounting, bookkeeping or related relevant work
• Minimum two (2) years of experience corresponding with external parties.
- Knowledge of Texas laws and regulations pertaining to accounting and cash handling
- Skill in using Microsoft Office products, to include Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, etc
- Skill in applying tact and diplomacy with others to gain cooperation and compliance
- Skill using office productivity software such as Microsoft Office to create documents, spreadsheets and manage email.
- Skill working on a Microsoft Windows based computer in a networked environment
- Skill with basic operation of web browsers such as navigation and searching
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, in a professional manner
- Ability to plan, organize and work well within a team environment
- Ability to adapt successfully and multi-task while delivering quality results in a timely manner
- Ability to work accurately with numerical details in a high-volume setting
- Ability to work efficiently, in a dependable, organized, and productive manner
- Ability to plan and arrange workload to meet schedules and deadlines
- Ability to work overtime to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to maintain a regular work schedule
• Two (2) years of experience in a State of Texas agency performing general accounting duties
• Work experience with State of Texas financial systems such as CAPPS Financials and USAS
- Perform cashier tasks accurately and in compliance with state laws
- Ensure daily deposits are completed within the time limit
- Address all insufficient funds returned by TTSTC to include recording the transactions and submitting correspondence to the external party requesting an alternate form of payment
- Monitor returned checks and refunds to ensure they are processed timely
- Process rejected application payments received and prepare professional correspondence
- Update licensing database regarding payment history as required
- Produce reports and other data relative to the Cashier function
- Track daily processes and report weekly to the division director
- Submit unpaid returned check files to the Enforcement Division within the appropriate timeframe
- Track and purge documents for records retention
- Scan invoices and submit to appropriate accounts payable personnel
- Assist in year-end processing as needed
- Review and update policies and procedures at a minimum annually, otherwise as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Environmental & Physical Conditions: Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
To apply for this position, complete an on-line application either through the TREC CAPPS External Applicant Career Section at CAPPS Careers or through Work In Texas (WIT) at http://www.twc.state.tx.us.
For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TREC Human Resources by calling 512-936-3604. Applications must be received by the closing date in order to be considered for this posting. TREC does not accept paper applications.
Submit a DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: email@example.com or 512-936-3547 (fax).
Applications will not be considered until all required documentation is received by TREC/TALCB.
Military Crosswalk Information: https://hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_AccountingAuditingandFinance.pdf
Human Resources at 512-936-3586.