Job Vacancy Announcement
Texas Real Estate Commission/Texas Appraiser and Licensing Certification Board is seeking an accounting professional who shares our values of excellence, teamwork, and customer service. We are a collaborative work culture that fosters an environment of trust and accountability as we work towards our Commission’s mission to protect consumers of real estate services in Texas.
Our agency strives for employee work-life balance and provides incentives that include telework, flexible work schedules, wellness leave, health and retirement programs, 401K, vacation and paid sick leave, holiday pay, and other benefits.
Performs basic and routine accounting work. Creates daily batches of checks and money orders received, accurately records and posts daily deposit, updates records and mails correspondence working in a team environment.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
- Two years’ experience in accounting, bookkeeping or related
- Experience corresponding with external parties
- Experience with processing leave accounting and/or payroll for a state of Texas agency
- Performs cashier tasks accurately and in compliance with state laws
- Processes payments per internal licensing and enforcement requirements
- Processes rejected checks and insufficient funds (NSF) checks timely
- Corresponds with external customers timely
- Conducts an annual inventory of equipment and property.
- Assisting division with transition to paperless
- Other duties as assigned
Cover letter detailing how your education and experience meet the requirements of the position.
Environmental & Physical Conditions: Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
Submit a complete (no blanks) State of Texas Employment Application along with a cover letter, resume, and DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-936-3547 (fax). Applications may be submitted via WorkInTexas; however, the additional documents must be submitted to Human Resources prior to being considered for an interview.
Applications will not be considered until all required documentation is received by TREC/TALCB.
Military Crosswalk Information: http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_AccountingAuditingandFinance.pdf
Human Resources at 512-936-3604