Customer Service Representative (2 Positions Available) - Customer Relations Division
Job Vacancy Announcement
The Customer Service Representative reports to the Director of Customer Relations Division and assists the public and license holders by providing accurate information via a multi-line telephone system, email, & in person.
- Attend work regularly and observe approved work hours in accordance with agency/division leave and attendance policies.
- Answer approximately 45 to 60 incoming calls per day.
- Review Qualifying Education hours to determine eligibility for a TREC/TALCB license.
- Ability to navigate agency online licensing database and guide customers through online application process.
- Exhibit proficient and professional writing skills when responding to customers/co-workers via email.
- Quickly absorb and retain information in 4-6-week training course and pass CSR certification within first 6 months of employment.
- Proficient typing and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to address customer inquiries/concerns in person at reception desk.
- Must be on time and ready to take calls for every scheduled shift.
- Display genuine friendly, engaging, and helpful personality, on and off the phone.
- Ability to work in a virtual self-management/self-motivated environment.
- Maintains home office that is noise and distraction free.
- Must be able to operate a phone headset, computer, and company software.
- Respond to email inquiries within one business day from the date received.
- Provide accurate information to license holders and the public.
- Provide a detailed summary of all calls and emails to license holders in licensing database
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products, preferably Outlook, Teams, Word, and Excel
- Assist in maintaining a division notebook to use as a reference for all TREC/TALCB rules, laws, contracts, forms, and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from a senior high school with a diploma or GED
- Two (2) years of full-time working customer service experience in an office environment.
- Two (2) years of full-time working experience in a contact center environment.
- Working experience with a licensing agency or licensing database.
- Texas Real Estate license holder (Cannot hold an active license if employed by TREC)
- Knowledge of general business procedures and use of standard office equipment
- Skill in operating a personal computer with word processing, database, and spreadsheet software
- Skill in providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Effective verbal and written communication, human relations, and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate professionally via telephone and email
- Ability to retrieve information quickly and accurately from a computer database
- Ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations
- Ability to quickly learn the rules and procedures for TREC/TALCB
- Ability to willingly accept and use constructive criticism/feedback to improve performance
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to adapt successfully to change
- Ability to successfully function as a team member and work effectively with team leaders, managers, and co-workers
- Ability to consistently present a professional image to license holders, the public and co-workers
Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. Involves speaking to groups of people. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive phone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Applications will not be considered until all required documentation is received by TREC/TALCB.
For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TREC Human Resources by phone at 512-936-3604. Applications must be received by the closing date in order to be considered for this posting.
Cover letter detailing how your education and experience meet the requirements of the position.
A skills test will be administered during the interview.
Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 936-3604
TREC/TALCB provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Applicants should communicate requests for disability-related accommodations during the application process to Human Resources. 1-800-RELAY TX (for hearing impaired).
TREC participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25, to provide proof of their Selective Service registration or of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
Applicants who possess a valid Texas Real Estate License with be required to place their license in an “Inactive” status.
Only applicants interviewed will be notified of their selection or non-selection. Resumes will not be accepted in place of a completed application.