skip navigation and go to content
Texas Real Estate CommissionMy License Online ServicesTexas Real Estate Commission

Sales / Broker Inspector E.R.W.

License Information
Licenses Main Page
CE Req. FAQs
Timeshare Reg.
Res. Svc. Co. Program
RSC License Holders
Fee Schedule
Applications, Requirements
Applications & Other License Forms
Become a Sales Agent
Become a Broker
How to Become a Business Entity Broker
Apply Online!
Candidate Handbook
Reciprocity Information
Inspector Applications
Renew Your License
Sales Agent Renewal
Broker Renewal
Business Entity Renewal
All Inspector Renewals
Renew Online!
  KEY To Symbols
= Page is in area (folder tab) of this color
= Adobe PDF file format
= Web site external to TREC
blank one pixel image

Out of State License Information

For Texas License Holders Wishing to Become Licensed in Another State

  • To Provide Another State with Your License History

    At your request, the Texas Real Estate Commission can send copies of your licensure/registration history and history of any disciplinary actions to the real estate regulatory agency of another state, to the address you specify. Simply download and complete this form, then submit it to TREC with the required fee listed on the form.
    Request for License or Registration History (also known as the "License History Form").

  • Links to Other Real Estate Regulatory Agencies - can point you to the comparable agency in your destination state.

I am Already Licensed in Another State - Can I Practice in Texas? (Reciprocity)

  • License Reciprocity Statement
    Texas does not have reciprocity with any other states with regard to real estate licensure. A Texas broker may share a commission with a foreign license holder so long as the foreign license holder does not engage in activities requiring a license in Texas. All negotiations conducted within Texas must be handled by a Texas broker.

  • Becoming Licensed in Texas
    To become licensed in the state of Texas, an out of state license holder must meet all current Texas licensing requirements, which can be found on the "How to Become a Licensed Individual Real Estate Broker" section of the website. An applicant may not have to take the national portion of the licensing examination if the applicant maintains an active license equivalent to the license being applied for and has already passed a comparable national examination that is accredited by a nationally recognized real estate regulator association such as ARELLO.

Privacy & Security Policy Public Information Requests Linking to TREC site Accessibility Statewide Search Veterans Portal Texas Homeland Security Where the Money Goes Report Fraud